YouTube I'm a Youtuber who gained over 5million views and 7k subscribers in 2 years AMA

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I noticed a lot of you guys on this forum are having trouble gaining subscribers and views. AMA means ask me anything. And I'll give you guys answers to help your channel grow.
Awesome you have grown so much in 2 years time, what type of channel do you run? I myself am not looking for tips but i am curious to hear your story :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I noticed a lot of you guys on this forum are having trouble gaining subscribers and views. AMA means ask me anything. And I'll give you guys answers to help your channel grow.
What would you say is the most helpful way to promote your content? Also I'm also very interested to hear your story, how you started on YouTube and how long it was before your channel really kicked off.

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Could you give me some of your subs? even if only a couple. j/k :p

Real question: What has been the most difficult part about trying to grow your channel?

ClemMedia

Rising User
Jan 30, 2015
Hollywood
YouTube
Awesome you have grown so much in 2 years time, what type of channel do you run? I myself am not looking for tips but i am curious to hear your story :)

I mostly do reactions on Movie Trailers, Commercials, and other geek related content. But I also do musical based videos such as Vocal Evolution of singers, and Then and Now on TV shows from the past.

What would you say is the most helpful way to promote your content? Also I'm also very interested to hear your story, how you started on YouTube and how long it was before your channel really kicked off.

Social Media like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. I started off making rant videos about current events, pop culture, and whatever came to my mind. And switched on doing reactions because I found an audience that liked the reaction videos I've made. And I've continued doing them. My channel really kicked off a year after I started my channel. And found my groove in the type of content I was making.

Whats the best way to put our channels out there?

Make a video on a trending topic in your niche and use keyword density in the description and tags that will optimize on search engines .

Could you give me some of your subs? even if only a couple. j/k :p

Real question: What has been the most difficult part about trying to grow your channel?

How competitive it is. Lol. When I started doing reactions mashup. There were only a couple of other Youtubers doing those type of videos. And now there is more types of channels that do reaction mashups. Making it harder to stick out.

You're a reaction channel...

Yep.

Are string tags more relevant than single-word tags?

From my experience. String tags are helpful to get your video traffic in the early run. But if the video doesn't have a good watch time. It'll have lower SEO than single word tags, because the Youtube algorithim will find it spammy.

Congratulations to you, ClemMedia. What do you think is the best way to increase subscribers and views?

The real key is having good content with high audience retention. Youtube will do the work for you by having the videos on suggested videos. Another way to increase views is by creating videos on trending topics in your niche.

Making good content

Nice work @ClemMedia great idea to do an AMA, I'm sure a lot of people are curious :)

Would you say there was a tipping point where you started growing a lot more, or has there been a continuous growth over various videos?

The tipping point is when I started doing reaction mashup videos in July 2015. My increase in subscribers and views started around that period, and then it sustained to the current level I'm at now.

I think on e of the hardest things about YouTube is getting seen. What do you suggest is the best ways to get your channel seen and get more views?

It's the competition, and the fact that Youtube values creators who make daily uploads over one video per week. The best way to get views fast is to make a video based on a trending topic within the first couple of hours. If your content is good. It will get your more traffic and subscribers quickly.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply to ya'll. I've been busy with a lot of BS