Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
Hey everyone,

another idea I had for the Network is a show called struggle or success.
Where George or other freedom crew review a few channels and compare them back to back on multiple points.
They should take a few successful channels and some channels that struggle. This way they both get reviewed by freedom. The struggling channels get pointers and the successful ones get attention.

maybe it could be interesting to let the viewers vote for a channel that struggles and deserves a makeover. in another idea of mine "Pimp my channel" (different topic)

Reactions: monoman

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
It could work but why not just have a successful YouTuber make a video on a smaller channel as the series.

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
It could work but why not just have a successful YouTuber make a video on a smaller channel as the series.
Most successful youtubers aren't going to bother making series about small channels. Even if they would, they will ask for a lot of money, and freedom wants to see a return of investment when they spend money on youtubeshow. That's why Impulse got canned.

The way this works is they compare smaller channels to bigger/better channels and compare them to see what goes wrong at the smaller one and what the bigger one is doing right. Because they do it with already present staff or cheaper workforce it will cost less and they maintain full control.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I am not sure how this would help people seeign that many small channels are actually just as good as the big guys but just dont get discovered.

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
I am not sure how this would help people seeign that many small channels are actually just as good as the big guys but just dont get discovered.

The point of the series is to pick out channels that are falling in one of the many pitfalls that make a channel struggle. So it is more about awareness for the viewers. It's like side by side review to see if there is anything the small channels can do to get discovered. There is always something that has been done different unless it all started with a viral video

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
Personally I don't see this as a bad idea. Overall I'd like to see Freedom just do more promoting for the smaller channels who need it. They should be selective of course in who they decide to promote based on the quality and innovativeness of the content. Theres small channels in Freedom! who have the potential to explode on youtube, if they could just get assistance on getting the word out there.

Reactions: GameGabe

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
Well for small struggling channels this could be very useful
For successful i don't know - they're successful so why compare/review them?
this show is meant for small channels. The big channels are just gonna go through the same review process. Not really to review the big channel itself, it would be just exposure for them, but to compare what makes big channels big and how they succeed to grow.

GameGabe

Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
Unknown to mankind
YouTube
Personally I don't see this as a bad idea. Overall I'd like to see Freedom just do more promoting for the smaller channels who need it. They should be selective of course in who they decide to promote based on the quality and innovativeness of the content. Theres small channels in Freedom! who have the potential to explode on youtube, if they could just get assistance on getting the word out there.
Indeed.
I've been going through Freedom's videos lately and i haven't seen any shout outs at all ( unless mentioning in video that someone has commented and the comment was epic o_O? )

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
thanks