Idea: Raspberry Pi as uploader machine

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
So I had a Raspberry Pi 2 laying around I haven't been using, so I turned it into an uploading machine. Since I normally upload my videos overnight and make them live at a later date, I thought this would be a great substitute. It also saves my PC from running all night.

I took the Raspberry Pi 2 and installed Ubuntu Mate on it. Despite the limited hardware the OS performance is pretty good actually! So I just add a bunch of files to a USB thumb drive and upload through the Pi overnight. Works like a charm! Not a bad tool for it's pretty cheap to implement as well!

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
So I had a Raspberry Pi 2 laying around I haven't been using, so I turned it into an uploading machine. Since I normally upload my videos overnight and make them live at a later date, I thought this would be a great substitute. It also saves my PC from running all night.

I took the Raspberry Pi 2 and installed Ubuntu Mate on it. Despite the limited hardware the OS performance is pretty good actually! So I just add a bunch of files to a USB thumb drive and upload through the Pi overnight. Works like a charm! Not a bad tool for it's pretty cheap to implement as well!
Wow that is actually a pretty nice idea :) They cost like 50 dollars :D