"I subbed to you so check out my channel"

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Indeed it does. It's like I try to be as interactive as I can, that's one thing I'm shooting for is to communicate with the viewer. It's really hard when everything is so one sided anymore. We need a selfless form of media where is actually feedback rather than someone else's agenda
Communicating with other youtubers is easier now, but the viewer is definitely harder to reach due to everyone else spamming the heck out of the comment section :eek: We'll figure something out soon enough, just wait!

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I do get them rarely nowadays, a long time ago I did get quite a few. Last time something like this happened was actually on my poll for the next game, he said ''I like your content and subbed, can you check my channel too?''. It definitely shows since I know for sure he didn't even vote.

I am not annoyed of them :p I got used to it, just delete the comment. At least that guy did leave a like which is a plus on my side I guess.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Periodically, not as much anymore though. Personally, if they produce content I think I'd enjoy watching, I'd happily sub to them, however if they are literally begging or demanding for a sub, it is very highly unlikely I'd sub back.
Personally, I don't mind helping them grow, but they need to learn to do it on their own terms, by the content they produce and the audience they are trying to "please".

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
They get an instant ban and a dislike on their three most recent videos as retaliation for their destructive practices on YouTube.

I find that these people are most often a side-effect of posting on forums and subreddits, but can sometimes show up out of nowhere.

But dislikes help their videos perform better. You'd be helping them instead of hurting them.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
But dislikes help their videos perform better. You'd be helping them instead of hurting them.
Yes, but there is also the moral effect of getting dislikes. We makes videos for the enjoyment of the community, and while a dislike might not hurt the video in the way it gets seen by others, it gets to us as "What did we do wrong, what did we do to deserve that dislike".

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
Hey everyone!

This is just something that really annoys the heck out of me. I get a comment on one of my videos saying how great it is and that viewer subbed to me but then they ask me to check out their channel and sub back.
I can tell that they probably didn't watch my video. They're just trying to advertise on my videos and I hate it.
How do others feel about this?
Sorry for the little rant :p
LtGeneralStore Gaming
I actually made a video about this ****. Happens a lot on my channel

LuxrayBeats

Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2016
YouTube
I
Hey everyone!

This is just something that really annoys the heck out of me. I get a comment on one of my videos saying how great it is and that viewer subbed to me but then they ask me to check out their channel and sub back.
I can tell that they probably didn't watch my video. They're just trying to advertise on my videos and I hate it.
How do others feel about this?
Sorry for the little rant :p
LtGeneralStore Gaming
I understand you!!! Lot of people also write this in my videos or even group in facebook where people tell they sub and I should sub back but I never do this if I sub to the channel is because in the channel lot of work has been done and of I like thpse type of videos