Request I really need opinions on this, please!

DarkDi

New User
Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2014
Portugal
YouTube
Yesterday I uploaded my first ever montage and majority says that it's good, but I personally think it's not that good, so I would like if you guys gave me your real opinion on it and perhaps say what I can do to make it better
Please check it out

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
(Dota player here :p)

So I'll review it for what it is, a montage type video.

The length is good, but with this short kind of video, one would expect a lot more to go into editing. You had some cool effects that only started halfway through the video, and even then only a couple transitions had them. Work more into the beginning to catch the viewers attention.

I don't know if LoL has any other viewing perspective options like Dota does, but if so, adding those in, plus some slow mo shots close up of heroes would be wicked. A really good example of this is what Holyhexor did with a recent Na'Vi montage (called Dota 2 Natus Vincere - Legends Never Die).

The end had a weird jump cut edit from gameplay to showing the game ending. That can be smoothed out.

Overall, it seems a bit flat, and without commentary it needs a lot more editing, croping, effects in general to keep the viewer entertained.

Cheers