I Need to Buy a Mic.....

TheAverageGoon

Respected User
Dec 4, 2014
YouTube
theaveragegoon
What up fellas. So ya boy needs a new microphone. Even though I have a decent amount of money to spend I would still like to keep it relatively cheap as I am only a highschool student. The mic will mostly be used for making commentaries and life stories. However, a couple of my friends and I have been writing some music recently so it'd be nice if we could record some vocals with it as well. I'd like to keep it around the $100-$150 range. But I guess if i really had too I'd go up higher if needed and if there's something for less than $100 that would do the job that would be great.

p.s I don't know much about mics so please use mic-dummy language

Frank Ash

Freedom! Member
Dec 19, 2015
YouTube
Best Mic That I Know Is The Blue Yeti But If You Want A Cheaper Mic You Can Buy A Blue Snowball Ice. That Should Do Your Job. You Can Find Them On Amazon.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Hello,

I'd recommend the Blue Yeti from Amazon, or possibly a used one that's in very good condition, most of the time, they're left on a desk, and most have a cover that blocks any germs from getting into the mic from the mouth.

But if you can, get a brand new one from amazon.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom

TheAverageGoon

Respected User
Dec 4, 2014
YouTube
theaveragegoon
Hello,

I'd recommend the Blue Yeti from Amazon, or possibly a used one that's in very good condition, most of the time, they're left on a desk, and most have a cover that blocks any germs from getting into the mic from the mouth.

But if you can, get a brand new one from amazon.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom
thanks for the advice!

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
Also, if you are going to be recording on the go audio (stories at school, or walking home, or vocals at a friend's house) consider the Zoom H1. It's about the same price of the Blue Yeti and they sell it at most places that sell voice recorders in the US (i.e. Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot). Also, since you're going to high school, you can use it for recording class audio now and in college (if that's your thing). It runs on 2 AA batteries and uses an SD card for storage. The microphone itself records audio in 360 degrees /this is important/ (the Blue Yeti can as well, but it can switch to other settings such as 1 on 1 or just 1 person) and it's a very sensitive mic so if you prefer this portable option, I /highly/ suggest muffling it with either thick socks (cheap route) or the fluffy cover that they sell for it (more expensive but no one will look at your funny and wonder if the socks are clean).

I have both and they both have their advantages, the ZOOM H1 is portable /obviously/, Both can stand on their own but Blue Yeti has a anti-slip stand, ZOOM H1 has faster play back because it records directly to the mic, and obviously the Blue Yeti records directly to a computer.

In any case Good luck! :)

TheAverageGoon

Respected User
Dec 4, 2014
YouTube
theaveragegoon
Also, if you are going to be recording on the go audio (stories at school, or walking home, or vocals at a friend's house) consider the Zoom H1. It's about the same price of the Blue Yeti and they sell it at most places that sell voice recorders in the US (i.e. Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot). Also, since you're going to high school, you can use it for recording class audio now and in college (if that's your thing). It runs on 2 AA batteries and uses an SD card for storage. The microphone itself records audio in 360 degrees /this is important/ (the Blue Yeti can as well, but it can switch to other settings such as 1 on 1 or just 1 person) and it's a very sensitive mic so if you prefer this portable option, I /highly/ suggest muffling it with either thick socks (cheap route) or the fluffy cover that they sell for it (more expensive but no one will look at your funny and wonder if the socks are clean).

I have both and they both have their advantages, the ZOOM H1 is portable /obviously/, Both can stand on their own but Blue Yeti has a anti-slip stand, ZOOM H1 has faster play back because it records directly to the mic, and obviously the Blue Yeti records directly to a computer.

In any case Good luck! :)

Thanks man Ill take a look at it

peach drinkwine

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 17, 2015
YouTube
What up fellas. So ya boy needs a new microphone. Even though I have a decent amount of money to spend I would still like to keep it relatively cheap as I am only a highschool student. The mic will mostly be used for making commentaries and life stories. However, a couple of my friends and I have been writing some music recently so it'd be nice if we could record some vocals with it as well. I'd like to keep it around the $100-$150 range. But I guess if i really had too I'd go up higher if needed and if there's something for less than $100 that would do the job that would be great.

p.s I don't know much about mics so please use mic-dummy language

i recommend blue snowball if you area smaller time youtuber