Tips & Tricks I need some peoples opinion.

Zonavix

Rising User
Aug 6, 2016
United States of Murica!
YouTube
***** BEFORE YOU READ THIS PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ADVERTISING MY CHANNEL IM ASKING FOR PEOPLES OPINION, ALSO I HOPE I PUT THIS IN THE PROPER PLACE THIS TIME AND WON'T GET SOMEONE TELLING ME THAT EVERYTHING I DO IS "AGAINST THE RULES" *****

***** ONCE AGAIN IN CASE YOU DID'T GET THAT I AM NOT ADVERTISING ANYTHING! I AM ASKING FOR OPINIONS! *****

Ok, so I've been having ideas for some comedy skit type videos for youtube but some people might find it offensive. I know that it's for comedic purposes only and it's not meant to offend but I'm not sure how to actually get that point across so other people knows that I'm not hating on anyone or anything.. I'm working on a "character" or 2 for these videos.There is still a lot of time for planning and script writing (if I do a script lol) since I don't own a camera to record with yet. I don't know maybe I should just stick to gaming videos on my channel but I feel that if I was to do some other types of vids on my channel it might help me grow..? What is your opinion?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
First of all I wasn't telling you everything was against the rules, just based of what you posted in the "general discussion" was, also it was meant as a friendly heads-up and i'm sorry if this came across differently to you. I also then offered to review you channel, which is what you were asking for, but clearly I went too far.

Anyway on with the thread - I think you should do whatever you like, comedy skit videos are always one of these delicate things, yes some people may find it offensive but then again other may absolutely love your comedy videos. If needs be you could always start the video, or put it in the video description a little disclaimer that it is a comedy video and you are not hating on things / people. As for the channel, it always helps to diversify your videos, unless you were looking to be one of those "one trick" channel - with that I mean just focusing on one aspect (say gameplay for example). There isn't going to be any harm in trying something new out on your channel and if your viewers / subscribers like it then that makes it even better :)

Zonavix

Rising User
Aug 6, 2016
United States of Murica!
YouTube
Oh ok. I wasn't looking for a channel review just thoughts and such about the "offensive" videos (i can't even make these vids yet lol no camera). You didn't go too far I typed that above to be really clear that I'm not trying to advertise and/or break rules and stuff. Thank you for your thoughts and time! :D

David Philp

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2016
YouTube
DFAT1981
Well here's the thing. With youtubes new enforcement of graphic, offensive, and otherwise all content that would be depicted as not being "Advertiser Friendly" you would have a hard time monetizing your content. You may choose to forgo monetizing and grow your sub base. At that point you would consider other revenue streams like merch, website adsense, etc.

My two cents.

David Philp

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2016
YouTube
DFAT1981
It's always been there in youtube terms. If you do a quick search on YouTube you will find videos from big names like caisey neistat and Philip defranco talking about this new enforcement. They can actually de monetize old videos that are not advertiser friendly. Scary thing is its all done algorithmically (that a word?)

ZorritoBurrito

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2016
youtube.com
YouTube
ZorritoBurrito
As long as you post some disclaimers and use the appropriate precautions, go for it! I have many different types of videos on my channel, anywhere from indie film productions to gaming livestreams, and I can tell you it has definitely increased my subscriber count. Don't be afraid to be different. :D

Reactions: Zonavix

Connor Crawford

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 15, 2016
Canada
YouTube
cjc_connor
Well just do whatever is entertaining and fun for you. Always keep in mind there's better way to get your name out there than following the crowd or kiss butt. Just do you, and not everyone else. That's my opinion.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
***** BEFORE YOU READ THIS PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ADVERTISING MY CHANNEL IM ASKING FOR PEOPLES OPINION, ALSO I HOPE I PUT THIS IN THE PROPER PLACE THIS TIME AND WON'T GET SOMEONE TELLING ME THAT EVERYTHING I DO IS "AGAINST THE RULES" *****

***** ONCE AGAIN IN CASE YOU DID'T GET THAT I AM NOT ADVERTISING ANYTHING! I AM ASKING FOR OPINIONS! *****

Ok, so I've been having ideas for some comedy skit type videos for youtube but some people might find it offensive. I know that it's for comedic purposes only and it's not meant to offend but I'm not sure how to actually get that point across so other people knows that I'm not hating on anyone or anything.. I'm working on a "character" or 2 for these videos.There is still a lot of time for planning and script writing (if I do a script lol) since I don't own a camera to record with yet. I don't know maybe I should just stick to gaming videos on my channel but I feel that if I was to do some other types of vids on my channel it might help me grow..? What is your opinion?
It can be a nice change of pace to branche out to different types of video's on your channel to keep it interesting, if your main focus is gaming then i would certainly stick to that part and throw a Comedy video your planning to do in from time to time to see if it grabs the attention :)