I need resources to find more of my target audience

Cynthia Hanson

New User
Dec 18, 2017
YouTube
I have begun a channel (and a website) with videos that are meant to reach out to and attract children and families. I want to be able to reach parents and teachers with my videos and grow the audience I desire for it to be a success. I have few ideas of how to do so. Besides what I've been told I should do from before, I would be most grateful for any and all tips and, or advice on how to reach out to and attract parents and teachers with my videos and the things I do.

And I already know about the major social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Google+. And I've heard of Reddit but I don't think it fits my style. I'm looking for forums I don't know of yet for instance.

DostThouEvenDerp

Rising User
Jan 18, 2018
Coram, NY
YouTube
I have begun a channel (and a website) with videos that are meant to reach out to and attract children and families. I want to be able to reach parents and teachers with my videos and grow the audience I desire for it to be a success. I have few ideas of how to do so. Besides what I've been told I should do from before, I would be most grateful for any and all tips and, or advice on how to reach out to and attract parents and teachers with my videos and the things I do.

And I already know about the major social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Google+. And I've heard of Reddit but I don't think it fits my style. I'm looking for forums I don't know of yet for instance.

if you know what audience you want to reach then your content must appeal to them no matter what it is.

The main thing to remember is to make more videos. Spending more time making several videos rather than spending so much time on editing and the quality of a video. If you speak during your video, try and speak clearly and be detailed but don't ramble on and on because people can lose interest really fast.

The best way to get people to see your videos is to put plenty of relevant tags when you upload. Adding a good title and plenty of appropriate tags (at least 7 tags is usually good) make a big difference in how often your video appears in peoples search results. Lets say you made a science related video titled "How to make a potato battery". Some of the obvious/relevant tags would be "How to", "potato battery", "how to make a potato battery". The best way to see what people are typing when they are searching for videos like yours would be to check the search bar on YouTube. Type in those tags and see how often they are searched. If those tags are at the top of the dropdown then those will give your video good off of coming up in peoples search results.

Thumbnails. If you have the option, make custom thumbnails that will catch peoples attention. Just because the video comes up on their search results that does not guarantee they will click on it! You have to make them want to click it!! I recently started using GIMP (a free editing program similar to Photoshop) for making my thumbnails. I actually just finished making one for a video I am currently editing for my channel.

Hope this helps!!