I need Help

Robbie N

New User
Jul 17, 2015
Scotland
Hi guys, I'm robbie, and i want to start youtube but there's a slight problem... I have no time.

Being a student is really f*cking stressfull, I'm up at 0730 each dayband don't get home until 1700, or if not home I'll be starting work at 1700 and be in by 0000. I usually work 8hr shifts on weekends which just ruin my whole day and gives me no time. If not working I'm at rugby training which lasts for 2 hrs max and ises the rest of my day, by the time I'm in from any of this, i need to go to sleep and i have the exact same the next day.

I need advice on creating time, I've lost some interest in rugby but i enjoy it for the fitness and social side, but voos news is that it is my last year of school, bad new is that I'll be pressured into finding a full time, 9 till 5 job that will make me just want to tip over the edge.

I need someone's help, someone whonhas read all of this to suggest when and how i can start it, even if it's a video a week, i need help...

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hi guys, I'm robbie, and i want to start youtube but there's a slight problem... I have no time.

Being a student is really f*cking stressfull, I'm up at 0730 each dayband don't get home until 1700, or if not home I'll be starting work at 1700 and be in by 0000. I usually work 8hr shifts on weekends which just ruin my whole day and gives me no time. If not working I'm at rugby training which lasts for 2 hrs max and ises the rest of my day, by the time I'm in from any of this, i need to go to sleep and i have the exact same the next day.

I need advice on creating time, I've lost some interest in rugby but i enjoy it for the fitness and social side, but voos news is that it is my last year of school, bad new is that I'll be pressured into finding a full time, 9 till 5 job that will make me just want to tip over the edge.

I need someone's help, someone whonhas read all of this to suggest when and how i can start it, even if it's a video a week, i need help...
Well, you first need to decide what kind of content you wish to create. That will help us narrow things down a bit.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey!

I have not much time to make content either due to work (Security Branch) and 2 kids (One 3 months, one 5 year).
Due to that i have a gaming channel i try when time to make a 2 hour session and cut that into video's of 30 Min. This option i have 4 video's. This gives me as i upload daily 4 days time to make another session and so on. When i have more time i try to make a small back-up. Maybe this same option works for you?

Robbie N

New User
Jul 17, 2015
Scotland
Well, you first need to decide what kind of content you wish to create. That will help us narrow things down a bit.
Mostly gaming and vlogging[DOUBLEPOST=1453335080][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey!

I have not much time to make content either due to work (Security Branch) and 2 kids (One 3 months, one 5 year).
Due to that i have a gaming channel i try when time to make a 2 hour session and cut that into video's of 30 Min. This option i have 4 video's. This gives me as i upload daily 4 days time to make another session and so on. When i have more time i try to make a small back-up. Maybe this same option works for you?
I'll try it out man, thanks

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I'd start with vlogging maybe, then you're not as pressured to produce content more than once a week. Vlogs you can certainly get away with that, and I think the market is really growing for niche vlogging that's well shot and relateable.

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
I think Vlogging will be the best option for you as you can create content whenever and wherever you like (at school, rugby training, before work...) Also, editing could be done while you're free and it won't take a lot of time :)
(suggestion from a non-vlogger lol)

brianstraveltale

Rising User
Jan 16, 2016
YouTube
Yeah I believe if a youtube channel is something you really want to do you would find time, whether it would be work a little less, skip out on rugby even the extra time you have on weekends. And like the others said I would make sure to really know you want to do it and to be consistent and take time so you put out good content

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
If you have no time, question yourself if you really want to do this? And if yes make time.... It sound stupid but the best way, youtube works if it's a part of your life instead of an add-on.

I did vlogmas and forced myself to make video's everyday and I also gave myself the challenge to upload & edit them before the end of the day. I thought this would not work and I would not finish Vlogmas but I did and I kept my challenges up until the very end and I realized if you really want something you can make the time and when it eventually becomes normal the time is just there. (y) (Y)

Last edited:

ToastyBros

Rising User
Dec 20, 2014
YouTube
toastybrostech
if you have a passion for YouTube then the time will come. You will find a way to manage the time in to create atleast a video a week. Do it because its a fun hobby, time to relax from all the crazy stress you seem to have going on. Doing so will improve your overall life. I love YouTube because creating content is such a fun hobby for me. I love producing video for an audience and seeing the positive feedback. If you love that feeling then do it but don't force it for the fame.