SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
Okay, since I've finally figured out how to transfer my vids to my desktop, I remembered someone suggested I just use windows movie maker and I'd be surprised with what I could do. I had to download a video converter because there's some types of files it won't accept. And I tried using it, but since the speakers below the computer don't work it's sort of hard to hear what I'm doing. Soooo I was trying to save money by just using that since I already blew like $300 to $400 on my camera. And I got some software called Movie Edit Pro 2016 but it said I need 64 bits so it wouldn't download. Note this computer is an E Machine and is art of old like...2007..'08? Maybe 2009. I don't know. BUT I NEED A LAPTOP.I THOUGHT THAT SINCE TODAY IS MEMORIAL DAY I WOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY. THEN MAYBE I COULD BE LUCKY. But $300 is my limit. It's sort of pushing it...Any takers?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You're not going to get any good laptop for $300, not good for editing anyways.

Perhaps there are some other routes you can take to speed up your desktop, like a better CPU or GPU.

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Unless you're getting a top end gaming laptop that's around $800-$1k, then dont get a laptop. Video editing and rendering on laptops puts a lot of stress on the hardware. I'd recommend spending $400-500 and building a dedicated editing desktop that'll make better quality vids

SnakeCity

Freedom! Member
Jun 21, 2015
YouTube
If you want to get a powerful laptop, get the Lenovo Y700. It is a really good laptop, pretty thin and has a good battery life. The price varies between the model but even the base model is really good. It can run practically any video editing software (even Premiere Pro). The keyboard and trackpad and great for productivity and the screen is great. For editing, this is the laptop for you