Service Request I have no idea what I'm Doing

Wrath Of The Commentators

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 30, 2016
YouTube
Let's see where do I begin....... I started my channel about 2 maybe 3 years ago and I uploaded 2 videos that was it. Fast forward a few months and I make 3 more videos with my friend.......Again I stop it wasn't til about 3 months ago I started to take YouTube seriously and actually tried to do something with it. I record all of my videos with a Samsung Hd digital camera, I don't edit any of my videos because I don't have any programs for it and the free ones i have tried I don't understand. My thumbnails are made on panzoid, I don't have an intro or outro because again I have no clue what I'm doing.

So in the end what I'm saying is HELP PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP!!! :)

Thank you

Mura

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2016
YouTube
First off- glad to see you have got back to doing You Tube seriously and I give you credit for that.
I will list out the things you might need to improve or need to do below..

• You need to have a Game Capture Card or something along that category-
    Now, the main reason why I say ''You need a Game Capture card'' is simply because you are not going to get the best out of a Samsung High Definition Digital Camera- the actual video quality may look good but the audio is just not going to do it at all if you are wanting to start a 'Serious' gaming channel.
  • You need an editing software-
    If you are planning to start You Tube as a hobby, you would need to learn how to make videos which would want to attract attention of the potential viewers- yes. You do have the thumbnails needed to gain viewers but the viewers wont keep on watching your video's if there is no effort being placed into your videos. When it comes to the actual software needed I would recommend using a free piece of software to start off since you don't have much experience media wise. So here is the first piece of software I would recommend you to get and the best thing about it. It's free so if you don't like it - you can easily remove it from your computer instead of buying a paid piece of software and wasting every single penny you have spent on that software coming to the conclusion of not liking that software at all. Here is the link to the software :- https://hitfilm.com/express (All you would need to do is sign up and download the software which would be sent to your email.)
  • You need an introduction to your channel-
    If you want to start a channel, you need an introduction to explain all the things you will be doing on your channel and what to expect - you need to give the viewers a short detailed explanation which can include footage used from your previous videos to gain or attract their attention. - You need to make sure that the video is up to 50 seconds since you don't want your viewers to watch a 5 minute video explaining everything about your channel. All they need is a short introduction 1 minute max explaining the things you will give to them if they do subscribe to your channel.
  • You need a clear microphone / voice-
    Videos need to be clear, loud and not so noisy in the background. - That's where a microphone comes in place, it can either be a headset microphone or a cheap microphone. For example- I use the Blue Snowball Microphone which only costs around 40-51 pounds depending on your currency. - The reason why I would recommend using a microphone is because when you make videos there is always this constant noise which may irritate users if it is shown in all of your videos. Now why I do recommend using a microphone is because you can use open source programs such as Audacity to record your microphone and then edit it along with your video in an editing software (For your case I would preferably use the software I have listed before) allowing you to make high quality videos without any trouble.
  • You need to have a professional looking banner or avatar-
    Now, if you want to attract people to your channel. You would need a good looking / attracting profile picture and banner. If you don't know how to make a good quality / professional looking banner, please feel free to use the Graphics section that lay within these forums. This can be found here :- https://freedom.community.tm/forums/requests-offers.235/ or if you would like to make your own banner I do recommend using GIMP since you have much more features than using a web-built art program- or if you are looking for an expensive option. Feel free to use software such as Photoshop.

I hope I have given you enough information to help you get started, I look forward to seeing your process to grow as a channel.
Good luck!-

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
From what you have said, it sounds like consistency is your issue, if your really looking to make something of Youtube then focus on something - this can be your channel type / content / audience etc but really focus on it. Think about what you need to do to reach it, schedule making content and concentrate on making it as good as you possibly can. As for the other things such as thumbnails / banners / intro's etc, personally I think you can consider then to be an afterthought, focus on the content first and foremost and then when your comfortable with creating / uploading and releasing content on a schedule (could be once a month, fortnightly and weekly) then divert some time into the finer areas. With that said if you ever need help on anything please don't hesitate to ask one of us

Last edited:

Mura

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2016
YouTube
From what you have said, it sounds like consistency is your issue, if your really looking to make something of Youtube then focus on something - this can be your channel type / content / audience etc but really focus on it. Think about what you need to do to reach it, schedule making content and making as good as you possibly can. As for the other things such as thumbnails, banners intro's etc, personally I think you can consider then to be an afterthought, focus on the content first and foremost and then when your comfortable with creating / uploading and releasing content on a schedule (could be once a month, fortnightly and weekly) then divert some time into the finer areas. With that said if you ever need help on anything please don't hesitate to ask one of us

I forgot to include that aspect.. Oh well. ^^

Wrath Of The Commentators

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 30, 2016
YouTube
Thank you everyone for the tips. I will slowly but surely work on everything to revamp and make my channel better. I do currently upload 2 videos a day so consistency is no longer really an issue especially because I do want YouTube to be something I do everyday.

As for video editing I have no idea what to do or even how to begin editing i have downloaded different free software's but I still don't get what i'm doing,I have the same problem with photoshop even YouTube tutorials don't help much.

But again thank you guys for your advise I will try and make a better YouTube channel with all the tips you guys gave me.