Solved I Have Been Scammed By Fake Promises From Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
YouTube
Hello,
Today I am going to share something that is very wrong happens to me. I am a new youtuber and i didn't know much about freedom revenue system.

i have joined freedom on November 08, 2017 with 60% revenue share.

on January 08, 2018 i have raised my revenue share up to 70% . NB They have offered me 75% that time with 12 month lock in but i didn't listen to them.

March 01, 2018 i have asked for raised my revenue share but they said i have join for 12 month agreement or else they cant increase my revenue . so i have asked for 85% with 12 month but they requested me to approve with 82% and they said that " you may apply later when your channel VPM (Views Per Month) goes higher " and i signed for agreement.

on March 31, 2018
i have asked freedom to raise my revenue to 90% as they have promised me to increase it when i have better views but surprisingly they have knocked me off :(

they only said i have to wait for 12 month for next increase.

so what i am trying to say is the employers took trap for new you tuber they literally fall for it. i am giving my 18% revenue for nothing . i got no exceptional benefit from freedom till date. i haven't offered any sponsorship so on and i giving them hounded of dollar every month.

so can anyone give me a better solution on this problem. the executive is replying me is moron and he has not feelings on that .

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
First and foremost I apologise that you have had a bad experience with Freedom.

As far as I am aware Freedom doesn't offer a lock in contract though this could of changed since the new rules enforced by YouTube. Its was nice to hear that they have offered you a higher revenue share and as you outlined above they seemed to be negotiating with you the amount of revenue share for your agreement with them.

As for the continued revenue share increase they do this based on your growth, based on monthly views, subs and other stats so just because they rejected your increase on march 31st doesn't mean they won't increase this in the future. I wanted to check with you when you say they 'knocked you off' - do you mean they removed you from the network or that they just didn't increase your revenue share again?

As for the 12 month wait between revenue increase if they have said you need to wait 12 months before increasing this then I would assume you would need to wait until Nov 2018 for this to happen but you can talk to our support team for more information about this.

As for Freedom not offering you anything in return to your 18% they have a whole host of free things on the Freedom dashboard, including videos, games sponsorship's and music all free for you to use. So I really don't get see where they aren't offering you anything return. As for you saying they trap new youtubers, I would severely disagree with that as you are aware and have been made aware of their agreements when you decided to join and agreed to their conditions when you took the further revenue increase - its not their fault it you then dislike that.

As for calling the 'executive' a 'moron' that isn't very nice and if your agreement states a 12 month wait and lock in contract before a further revenue increase can be made then that would be legally binding as such that may be all the can offer to you at this point.

Reactions: LW
Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2017
YouTube
@LW001.
At first when i asked for 85% revenue increase he said to me he can not increase in revenue unless i agree for a 12 month agreement . Is that true or he just told a lie to agree me for a 12 month lock in.
2nd he said to me i can apply anytime for revenue increase when i have better views but he never mention the fact i can not increase for a
increase until expiration of 12 month agreement and i knew it when i last time asked for revenue increase and he said hey no you can not asked for increase you are locked in.
so don't you think i have been mislead and partially scammed by not giving proper info to join me a 12 month lock in.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
@LW001.
At first when i asked for 85% revenue increase he said to me he can not increase in revenue unless i agree for a 12 month agreement . Is that true or he just told a lie to agree me for a 12 month lock in.
2nd he said to me i can apply anytime for revenue increase when i have better views but he never mention the fact i can not increase for a
increase until expiration of 12 month agreement and i knew it when i last time asked for revenue increase and he said hey no you can not asked for increase you are locked in.
so don't you think i have been mislead and partially scammed by not giving proper info to join me a 12 month lock in.
I actually don't, he had outlined to you that it would require 12 months of lock in and the rest was in the contract you had agreed to when joining.

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2017
YouTube
First and foremost I apologise that you have had a bad experience with Freedom.

As far as I am aware Freedom doesn't offer a lock in contract though this could of changed since the new rules enforced by YouTube. Its was nice to hear that they have offered you a higher revenue share and as you outlined above they seemed to be negotiating with you the amount of revenue share for your agreement with them.

As for the continued revenue share increase they do this based on your growth, based on monthly views, subs and other stats so just because they rejected your increase on march 31st doesn't mean they won't increase this in the future. I wanted to check with you when you say they 'knocked you off' - do you mean they removed you from the network or that they just didn't increase your revenue share again?

As for the 12 month wait between revenue increase if they have said you need to wait 12 months before increasing this then I would assume you would need to wait until Nov 2018 for this to happen but you can talk to our support team for more information about this.

As for Freedom not offering you anything in return to your 18% they have a whole host of free things on the Freedom dashboard, including videos, games sponsorship's and music all free for you to use. So I really don't get see where they aren't offering you anything return. As for you saying they trap new youtubers, I would severely disagree with that as you are aware and have been made aware of their agreements when you decided to join and agreed to their conditions when you took the further revenue increase - its not their fault it you then dislike that.

As for calling the 'executive' a 'moron' that isn't very nice and if your agreement states a 12 month wait and lock in contract before a further revenue increase can be made then that would be legally binding as such that may be all the can offer to you at this point.

Hello Zake ,
what i meant to say "knocked you off" he did not give proper info and i was just a helpless and i can not do anything about it.
well here what is my problem is he said to me " you may apply later when your channel VPM (Views Per Month) goes higher " and i believe it mean when i have better views i can apply for revenue increase but he is denying me to increase my revenue and what he is telling me now is total different things.

when i was going to sign for a lock in he didn't mentioned the fact or mislead it ...

as i see your executive showing double face i see there are nothing left me to call him unless moron.

so please give me a better solution on this problem.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I don't deal with contract or anything like that. As I previously said it might be worth contacting another member of the support team and mentioning this to them, as they might be able to offer some help in this regards. Personally from what you have said to me your agreement with Freedom was very clear in regards to the lock in contract and the need to wait 12 months before getting an even bigger revenue increase. The support agent probably outlined that they could go higher to inform you you of that fact after the 12 months, if yoru views etc continue to grow, I don't think this was a deliberate thing of misleading you.

All the terms of this should of also been outlined in the contract you signed with Freedom, and it would be your responsibility to have read these thoroughly before agreeing to anything. While I am not saying its your fault or anything like that I will say that ignorance is not an excuse, and you should really be talking to other members of the support team rather than venting about this, as they will be in a much better position to help / offer suggestions about the best course of action going forward.

Upvote 0

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
This information can't be true. It's hard to believe.
When I did revenue increase I didn't have to agree to any lock in contract. They just increased it for me once I met the total requirement of views per day. I have a 90% Revenue Share.

*** Freedom is a no lock in contract network! ***

Freedom stands for you have the freedom to leave whenever you want and the freedom to reach for any goal you which is accomplish.
That is what the name stands to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.