I am disappointed

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
I am honestly disappointed with the Freedom family. Everyone talks about how much of a family Freedom is, but when it comes to needing help, it seems the Freedom family wants to do anything but that. Instead there is blatant scorning, and telling a creator they something shouldn't be done.

To me, this is about as unfamily as something can get. What happened with you all? The Freedom family used to be more tight knit.

I sincerely hope it changes, or else Freedom will never succeed.

Reactions: Craze Rage

BigTinyTimTim

Rising User
Jan 26, 2017
YouTube
BigTinyTimTim
I was invited to Freedom! a little under a year ago by a scout, and have never tried utilizing it's features. This is actually my first day in the forums, and unfortunately you see it in a lot of sites like this, where people literally only post so they can gain a few subs. These are the first channels to fail, usually. I've always had fun recording, so even if I do something stupid and someone tells me I'm dumb, I already know that! I'm just having fun man!

Reactions: Craze Rage

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I am honestly disappointed with the Freedom family. Everyone talks about how much of a family Freedom is, but when it comes to needing help, it seems the Freedom family wants to do anything but that. Instead there is blatant scorning, and telling a creator they something shouldn't be done.

To me, this is about as unfamily as something can get. What happened with you all? The Freedom family used to be more tight knit.

I sincerely hope it changes, or else Freedom will never succeed.
I'm really sorry you feel that way, to me I think certain people see the Freedom community as a way to get certain free things without the need to do any work / use the opportunities to gain something without giving credit / without helping others - such examples of this is people trying to sell on Game Giveaway keys / promoting sub4sub on the forums / and trash talking Freedom, or Freedom members as they didn't read the contract before signing or don't fully understand the whole point of a network.

When it comes to needing help I always think its there is people need it - every time i've had an issue on the forum / submitted a ticket its always answered politely, and while the wait time can be a bit infuriating most of the staff can answer any "normal" day to day questions you / others may have. Ultimately I feel that Freedom provides a lot of tools to its users, but without holding everyone's hand there isn't much else they can do for so many partners.

Reactions: BigTinyTimTim

BigTinyTimTim

Rising User
Jan 26, 2017
YouTube
BigTinyTimTim
I'm really sorry you feel that way, to me I think certain people see the Freedom community as a way to get certain free things without the need to do any work / use the opportunities to gain something without giving credit / without helping others - such examples of this is people trying to sell on Game Giveaway keys / promoting sub4sub on the forums / and trash talking Freedom, or Freedom members as they didn't read the contract before signing or don't fully understand the whole point of a network.

When it comes to needing help I always think its there is people need it - every time i've had an issue on the forum / submitted a ticket its always answered politely, and while the wait time can be a bit infuriating most of the staff can answer any "normal" day to day questions you / others may have. Ultimately I feel that Freedom provides a lot of tools to its users, but without holding everyone's hand there isn't much else they can do for so many partners.

Oh I completely agree! I submitted a ticket about going on a hiatus with my channel for a few months, and it was answered rather quickly! The staff and moderators here seem like wonderful people, and I'll enjoy submitting content here, not just in the for of videos, but trying to help out the community as well. I've said it since day one that Freedom! has done a wonderful job, and I couldn't be happier with my partnership with them!

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube

The issue I have is not with the staff. It's with the community. So many times you will ask for suggestions, etc. And they will get ignored. Yet when you comment suggestions, it is expected you lay out everything them and their dog can do that is better

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
The issue I have is not with the staff. It's with the community. So many times you will ask for suggestions, etc. And they will get ignored. Yet when you comment suggestions, it is expected you lay out everything them and their dog can do that is better
With suggestions it could be that they want a full explanation of it as they don't understand, or just would like some clarification on it - Freedom works as it is so they rely on the community to offer suggestions on how to improve. When I spoke with support regarding some suggestions for the forums I sent they almost a page of carefully written out criticism / suggestions to help them fully understand where I was coming from and what I would have liked to seen improved. Though not every suggestions can be implemented as such that could be why you feel some are being ignored

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

I do know what you mean about some in the community, a lot of people are in it just for themselves. YouTube has a very "look at me" culture to begin with. We have been working on some things that will hopefully encourage more interaction and less selfishness. I think sometimes you just have to accept that some people are the way they are, but still don't stop helping others. There are people out there that really appreciate it and will return the favor to you or other users down the line.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
Most people are going to help themselves before they help others. A lot of people don't even think about helping others. And that's okay, because no one is entitled to anyone's help. If you ask for help or ask just a simple question, don't feel disappointed that no one has helped you or it took too long. I personally enjoy commenting and answering questions on here because I care about hose things, but I know a lot of people don't.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Personally I try do my best to help in any way I can. Primary because I like the friendly community and I wish every creator or artist the best for their channels, brands or what ever they are doing. I try keep myself up to date with the questions asked in the forums, however since I can't be on 24 hours a day for 7 days a week. (Which some users actually think I do lol) then I try to do my best to help others.

Just remember, not everyone is selfish and alot of users actually want to help where they can.
Don't lose fath because of a few bad apples in the box of bananas :)

Craze Rage

New User
Jan 29, 2017
On other youtube community sites I heard the forums here are kinda dead to me right now this just seems like just a bigger version of a Spam community called sharree.

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
When I first joined I had issues signing into my account and getting verified, so it kind of put me off a little until I actually pushed for help. Then that was taken care of and I had similar issues getting into the forum portion, and luckily that worked out as well.

Since I finally got on here I have been doing my best to be active.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Most people have only joined this for further exposure and to self advertise as much as possible theres no denying that, and theres nothing wrong with those points BUT theres a difference between the people who do this and only help themselves and people who actually take extra time to help others by commenting suggestions in posts or just simple tips or whatever else. We are all here to try and better ourselves and our channels but some are also here to make friends and feel part of somthing so you should never lump everyone into one group. Personally these days i just use this to see how other people experience youtube and if i see a post of interest or somone that needs pointers i tend to comment if i think i can be of use (like now). At the end of the day im just saying we are not all here to gain and not be of help, some of us will be part of a helpful group who dont mind taking time to check others posts. Just saying but i can see where your coming from