I am at that stage...

EthPlayzz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
Newcastle
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey guys so today I took a step back and looked at my channel and I thought I am at that stage... and no I don't mean weird hair growing in places I didn't know I had. I mean the stage of a dying channel I am at this point and getting about 1 sub a week if that and I am trying everything and honestly I know a big letdown is that I don't upload enough but with my life atm that would be virtually impossible bu I just wanted to make this thread to ask you guys what you think I should do and maybe if you see and flaws in my content so I hope you guys can help me out.
tia :)

SpicandSpan26

Well-Known User
Dec 1, 2014
YouTube
SpicandSpanOrig
You have close to 200 subs. Youre fine. I haven't had a new subscriber in about a month. The problem is probably that everyone that usually watches youtube is now in school and is busy with that. Alot of channels slow down at this time of year.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hey guys so today I took a step back and looked at my channel and I thought I am at that stage... and no I don't mean weird hair growing in places I didn't know I had. I mean the stage of a dying channel I am at this point and getting about 1 sub a week if that and I am trying everything and honestly I know a big letdown is that I don't upload enough but with my life atm that would be virtually impossible bu I just wanted to make this thread to ask you guys what you think I should do and maybe if you see and flaws in my content so I hope you guys can help me out.
Yea I've slowed down significantly too. Don't let it get you down. Things will pick up again around christmas and then in the spring again.

EthPlayzz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
Newcastle
www.youtube.com
YouTube
You have close to 200 subs. Youre fine. I haven't had a new subscriber in about a month. The problem is probably that everyone that usually watches youtube is now in school and is busy with that. Alot of channels slow down at this time of year.
Thats what I was thinking thanks for the info bro :) dropped a sub btw some nice dota videos![DOUBLEPOST=1445539629][/DOUBLEPOST]
hmm that's what I was thinking thanks for the info! I dropped a sub nice content[DOUBLEPOST=1445539691][/DOUBLEPOST]
Keep doing it if you enjoy it, do it for yourself and not for others and eventually this phase will pass by :)
Thanks for the help! not sure im enjoying YT atm so might give it a few weeks and see from their

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
My channel is kinda doing that too...
When I release new videos the views come in quite slowly compared to summer time..

Try to ignore it and just keep producing.
The views should come around again...[DOUBLEPOST=1445541020][/DOUBLEPOST]
not sure im enjoying YT atm so might give it a few weeks and see from their

Maybe take some time off and think about the big picture... it's really important you create content that you want to create... because it's you that has to do it...

Last edited:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Thanks for the help! not sure im enjoying YT atm so might give it a few weeks and see from their

If you're not really enjoying I'd definitely suggest take a break, this might give you some time to come up with some new ideas and different ways of doing things. If you upload when you aren't 100% then it can also affect your videos that you make.

Still looks like your channel is doing ok, and you have a fairly active fan base for the amount of subs you have.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
Most of us are at that stage, and the reasons for that has already been stated above. You can either continue on with what you're doing for the fun of it, or perhaps take a break as well and focus on your life for now. It's crucial to enjoy what you're doing on Youtube instead of being forced to do it.

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
You have nothing to worry about, I'm lucky to get 1 sub a month