Dennis Gromov

Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2016
YouTube
I am trying to become a singer but my voice is really bad. My chest voice is ok but it's high notes that are always hard to reach. Notes like in the song 7 years and one call away.
Is there any way, exercises included, that can help me reach these high notes, and have better pitch?
Any additional information on singing would be great! Thanks!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you can't do high notes, then don't push yourself to do them.
But the only true solution is practice of sorts. When I rap, it's most intense and involved when nobody else is around to listen. The same could work for you. Get into a mode when nobody is around and stretch your limits.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I am trying to become a singer but my voice is really bad. My chest voice is ok but it's high notes that are always hard to reach. Notes like in the song 7 years and one call away.
Is there any way, exercises included, that can help me reach these high notes, and have better pitch?

Indeed don't force your voice embrace your sound and work with it. If you voice is low sing the whole song in a lower attainable tone so when you need to go high you can actually reach it because it's in you spectrum!

InnocentMusik

Musician and amateur composer/producer
Freedom! Member

Practice at least an hour a day everyday or at least almost everyday with the typical lip rolls, singing "Ah" "La" and "Ee" in a scale or in trials and all those fun stuff. It will definitely help build the muscle around your throat and vocal cords to help you reach those notes and improve your pitch later down the line but like everyone said here, don't push yourself.

If you're really passionate about it, I would suggest a teacher. They have more experience and training than some random stranger on the forums. But if that's not an option, just practice those technical warmups that might be floating around the web and work with what you got.

Reactions: Dennis Gromov