How to keep my desk clean ?

Raring Frame Gaming

Rising User
May 15, 2016
Britain
YouTube
(facepalm)... I get so stressed, my desk is the centre of my life! I can never seem to keep it clean, When I clean it I put everything in order, tv, Xbox's and computer. The next day it's all messed up with wired everywhere, coffee/tea stains and crumbs/dust. How can I keep my desk clean!! It stresses me out LOL.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Cleaning has to be done every now and then. You can't avoid it. If you're using a space, you're bound to move things around. So things are going to be out of order every now and then. It's pretty normal. There are some things you could do to make sure things stay neat for a little longer than usual, but eventually you'll have to clean up because things will go out of order.
Try keeping a fixed location for the tv. Don't move it around. It's not something that really needs to be moved around. At most, rotate it if you have to.
Try keep the Xbox in a fixed location where you won't move it, and then keep reminding yourself that it should be there.
Wires can be setup, and then bundled together with a hair clip or hair band or something.
Food, well that's gonna create a mess. Gotta clean that up.
As for beverages, try using coasters so there are no stains on the desk.

Reactions: Raring Frame Gaming

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I seem to have a split desk personality, at work I have a super clean and organised desk but at home it is covered in stuff.

Empty cups, tools, lighting gear, photography claps, old watches. I even have ram from my old laptop and a spare mouse.

I don't get why I am like this.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
(facepalm)... I get so stressed, my desk is the centre of my life! I can never seem to keep it clean, When I clean it I put everything in order, tv, Xbox's and computer. The next day it's all messed up with wired everywhere, coffee/tea stains and crumbs/dust. How can I keep my desk clean!! It stresses me out LOL.
LOL it's not like little elves come into your room while you sleep and throw **** everywhere. Maybe you should be tidier around your desk? When you're done using something, take it off the desk? After the mug of coffee is empty, go wash it?

It's all on you dude.

Reactions: Raring Frame Gaming

Raring Frame Gaming

Rising User
May 15, 2016
Britain
YouTube
Like, Literal ****... But I always clean that up, disinfectant is specially bought and placed nearby for retros... Lets say soiling! That's one mess I clean up instantly. He is going to be in my videos soon, once my new series starts "Raring & Retro play"

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I had this problem in the past. I don't set ANYTHING on my desk even for a second now. My computer and camera equipment are the only things that get a home there. I have the cords and wires neatly tied together, and most importantly I don't EVER eat at my desk. I even had to invest in a huge desk that barely fits in my room just to keep things more organized.

Raring Frame Gaming

Rising User
May 15, 2016
Britain
YouTube
I have the mind of a small child, If you watched my videos you'd quickly see that. Not by my voice, it's deep (I'm a smoker) But my attitude is that of a 11 year old child... Nah, I'm just joking it's an act (Only in certain series I do)

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
My desk is pretty darn messy, and I share a desk with my boyfriend who is also messy. I try to clean things out every few days, but since I am in such a small space it gets messy really quickly.

But, if you're stressed out with coffee / tea / crumbs, then don't eat or drink by you computer or consciously put it away after you're done with it. It takes less than a minute to do everything and you keep your area clean.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Embrace the mess! :D I usually give it about a week then do a really good tidy up, put everything away so it's a clean slate. Usually stays ok for a while, then rinse and repeat.

Things like crumbs and coffee stains you should clean up straight away though, don't want to attract mice and other animals.