Request How to improve my editing? [CSGO Compilation]

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
For a video of this style what I have seen is music syncing with the shots. Just a thought but if that is not something you want to do I would try a bit smoother transitions between clips. I really liked the transition from black to soccer field the first time you see it. More shots less running around. Like I said all opinion based. It was still entertaining good job

DisclosedGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Cambridge, England
YouTube
For a video of this style what I have seen is music syncing with the shots. Just a thought but if that is not something you want to do I would try a bit smoother transitions between clips. I really liked the transition from black to soccer field the first time you see it. More shots less running around. Like I said all opinion based. It was still entertaining good job

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely agree that more of the shots should be synced with the music. I only put in one fancy-ish transition because I felt that too many would sort of clog up the video and make it more focused on the transitions rather than the shots, but looking back on it I could have added more transitions between some of the clips. Like I said, thanks so much for the feedback! Appreciate it!

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
Thanks for the feedback! I definitely agree that more of the shots should be synced with the music. I only put in one fancy-ish transition because I felt that too many would sort of clog up the video and make it more focused on the transitions rather than the shots, but looking back on it I could have added more transitions between some of the clips. Like I said, thanks so much for the feedback! Appreciate it!
Not a problem at all man! With compilations I don't think there is such a thing as too many transitions.

TheApexPlayer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
YouTube
I like the little intro at the start. To improve your videos i suggest adding transitions like fades, wipes etc intead of the video just cutting to the next clip. What you did with the transition to the football (soccer) pitch was good but you should have more transitions like it. Also sync the music with the clips, also when the beat drops in the song thats hen you should showcase your best kill.