How to grow and/or blow up?

Microwave

New User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
See i have a video of someone and he blew up he got 11k subs in 1 month because he got a shoutout from a huge youtuber and i just wanna be that lucky and wanna know how i can blow up like that people say do unique content but theres nothing in my ability that is not out there already im at a stump and i really want to youtube but i just really losing confidence and motivation to keep doing it (not sure what to prefix this so)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
See i have a video of someone and he blew up he got 11k subs in 1 month because he got a shoutout from a huge youtuber and i just wanna be that lucky and wanna know how i can blow up like that people say do unique content but theres nothing in my ability that is not out there already im at a stump and i really want to youtube but i just really losing confidence and motivation to keep doing it (not sure what to prefix this so)
Maybe you should put it aside and come back to it in a few years. Get some perspective.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
The best thing to do IMO is to find your target audience and make content for that audience. Don't make random videos all the time - your audience usually follows one particular genre/game and sticks to that. If you do something else...they may not be as engaged

Microwave

New User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
You know what. you're right. my csgo surf videos have almost twice as much views as my others ill try that thank you :)

XxiTearZzxX

Rising User
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
You need to be unique. For me, I got the idea of doing prank calls on stream and that has earn me over 20 subs in my live streams. I hope you enjoy your channel. If your a random person, post random things. This channel represents you. Don't stop doing youtube if you don't want to. I wanted to start doing youtube since 2012, but i didn't have the equipment. Now its 2016 and I'm barely getting into it and grown to 275. Thats a lot of subs for 5 months. You can message me for help. I believe in you!

Reactions: lupoonthelake

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
How did you get so big on youtube? Just curious. What was your unique way you hooked your audience?
I saw a niche in Dota 2 custom games. Not many english speakers doing creative stuff with the game, so I rolled with it. Initially, it was how tos and tutorials about the game that got the ball rolling.

XxiTearZzxX

Rising User
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I saw a niche in Dota 2 custom games. Not many english speakers doing creative stuff with the game, so I rolled with it. Initially, it was how tos and tutorials about the game that got the ball rolling.
Thats actually smart. Well I'm glad it worked out for you.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
A few years?! I Really want to do youtube though

Then do it. Don't worry about the numbers. You should do it because you enjoy it not because you want to get big. There is nothing wrong with having that as a long term goal but that shouldn't be your primary motivation or else youtube can and will get discouraging very fast.

Reactions: NervousLatte

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

I mentioned a few days ago that making a Pokemon go tutorial/gameplay videos would be a good way to get a lot of views as the game was about to blow up. A few videos posted yesterday are already at 1-2 million views. Still might be time to get in ;)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Luck makes a gigantic difference for some people. Other people can make it with hard work. It really depends on your style of videos.

NervousLatte

Rising User
Jun 5, 2016
YouTube
Some people just get lucky and the subs rain from the sky on them. Others have to work hard at it. If you get discouraged because subscribers aren't flowing in and it's making you want to quit, then maybe you should take a break for a little bit. The most important part is to enjoy what you're doing and put some hard work in, eventually people will start to notice your videos. I've only been around 2 months, so it's not like I'm seasoned in this or anything, it's just I think it's important to keep having fun with it and not stress yourself out!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If your intention is to blow up and become big on YouTube rather than simply do it as a hobby and have fun doing it.
You need to step back and figure out what you're doing. Follow Phil.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

LTZ Gamer

Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2016
YouTube
I think your doing fine for only having 12 videos. I have 50+ videos and have 7 Subs. But I'm not doing it to become the next Pewdeepie (or however you spell it)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm going to continue my previous statement.
Most of the people that use these forums know a few tips to grow minutely and perhaps a little quicker over time.
Phil didn't really "Blow up" either, for him having 40k subs over two years, most of those in the past year. It just means he's grown slightly faster than the average YouTuber. Assuming the average YouTuber who takes it seriously makes videos that are of quality, are search engine optimized, and engaging. Example: Phil. Pretty sure Phil is the only example of this kind of person on these here forums.

However, he still didn't "blow up". GradeAUnderA blew up, CaseyNeistat blew up. Both have been active for around a year and gained millions of subscribers and many more millions of views. For their videos of quality, searchability, shareability, and more.
We are not a resource for finding out how to manipulate subscribers for your betterment. We are a resource that may help you improve your videos. Whether you can make top-YouTuber quality videos is a variable that we cannot control, but perhaps one you can invest in.

Vent3r

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2016
Cape Town, South africa
YouTube
I thought I 'd share my 2 cents here, I've been doing Youtube for only a few months and having a blast and all I really wanted to add was, no matter if you blow up or not, you should continue to make videos because you want to and that's what you like to do and if other people like what you do that's a bonus for you and them.My stuff isn't new but the premise is something not a lot of people do and that's why I do Youtube for the fun of making videos of things I like.:)

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Being a "small" channel myself, I'm not too concerned about growing big or blowing up. I'd rather grow at a snails pace and having fans which are fun to interact with, and have fun producing content for. Though I do understand where you are coming from, back when I started youtube I worked extremely hard to the point of sleepless nights and no relax time(nowadays, I've changed my outlook on my uploading and editing style).
From my perspective, just upload for fun and just enjoy yourself. I may not know your age,but you also have most likely years ahead of you, in due time you will be noticed, just don't force yourself. I have a friend youtuber who is literally getting stressed out as he is overloading himself on daily streams and relying on clickbaits for subs.

However, if you do want to grow fast. Collab,shoutouts, and lastly social medias.