How to get your viewers to leave comments?

wastingtimelord

New User
Mar 2, 2016
My channel has been growing in views and subscribers but the comments are lacking. Any tips to get people commenting?

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
Ask them direct questions in the video. Make your video seem like you are talking to them not just that they are watching you.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
My channel has been growing in views and subscribers but the comments are lacking. Any tips to get people commenting?
Engaging your community takes time, and getting a comment depends on what happens in the video. They might comment on something funny you said, or a question you asked your audience, or something really cool that happened in your video.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The thing I'm going to point out here is that you're referencing your potential commentors as objects and not people, as if something you do will magically incline them to comment more than before.
Your commentors are people with priorities on whether they comment or not. It's difficult to get a person to comment, and it might take a long time until you actually have a subscriber that will consistently comment important stuff.

DKGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2016
YouTube
What i find helps, is reply to as many comments as you can, when people see you engage with your audience, it makes them more likely to leave a comment!