How to get the ball rolling

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
I just have some questions to ask you guys on how to grow your channel. It's been almost 5 months and i still have under 100 subscribers. YouTube tags are not really working out for me. How can i get people to see my videos?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You need to do your tags right. Using tags that don't get into the first page or (if you're lucky) second is worthless.

In a nutshell, tags are how your video gets searched by people who want to see videos of that search term. "Gaming" as a search term would get you lucky to be in the first 100 pages of search results.

There is a concept, called "Longtail". It is where you keep pumping out videos and those videos will still be getting views a long time from now. Consider, would you prefer to have 2 videos getting 10 views per day or would you prefer to have 100 videos getting 10 views per day? You need to keep pumping out content while keeping the quality and your legacy views will add up as you make more and more videos.

Besides, you haven't put up enough content to actually make a scene yet. 18 videos isn't enough, you will not get noticed in your first couple videos, it will take months of dedicated work to even make a pinprick in the scene.

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
I don't know if it depends on how many videos you make. I've seen youtubers with less then 50 videos with more than 1000 subs. Also , i wanted to try using the youtube keyword tool in adsense. If any of you has used it before, can you tell me if its good?

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Well if you upload stuff that many big youtubers are doing, that is why your videos will not be at first page because you don't have that much likes of dislikes to rank you up high on search. But try with some interesting thumbnails so people click on your video because every click counts and with that they can stay on your channel and support you in the future. :)

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
never give up and stay consistent and make sure your quality is up to par with the youtube game.
learn seo..its crucial to your channel growth

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
Likes and dislikes have no effect on your YouTube status, its all about watch time. But yeah, thanks guys for the support!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Likes and dislikes have no effect on your YouTube status, its all about watch time.
While watch time is the biggest factor, the like/dislike ratio does play a role in if you get into the recommended videos section.

Do you really think YouTube would "recommend" a video with 80% dislikes?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't know if it depends on how many videos you make. I've seen youtubers with less then 50 videos with more than 1000 subs. Also , i wanted to try using the youtube keyword tool in adsense. If any of you has used it before, can you tell me if its good?
It is also a game heavily reliant on connection for people like you mentioned. For us who are disconnected from large YouTubers, the best way to get out there is to boast a library heavy in content and variety. But remember, that 10 views per day per video will eventually turn to 20, then 30, then 40, and so on as your channel grows and more people get interested in your content.

A

audio visual reviews

You can use social media. Facebook and twitter are effective. Especially twitter. If you are interesting enough people would check your channel. You can also use this forum.