Tips & Tricks HOW TO GET MORE VIEWS + MONEY.

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube
Ok: long informational rant incoming. But I promise this will help your YouTube Channel overall.

Part 1: Your YouTube channel should be relevant, consistently. Decide what you want to film/upload, and keep it relevant. It's fine to break away from the norm occasionally, but your subscribers expect the same quality/content regularly. On this note, be sure to use relevant tags in your uploads and titles; you can take a little liberty in word choice to make it sound catchy and instill curiosity that will make potential viewers want to click. ClickBait is a thing for a reason, after all. It's enticing (but DON'T lie about content). This includes your thumbnail for your videos as well. Keep it relevant, but make sure it draws attention. Consult a designer/media consultant/YouTuber if you're unsure.

Part 2: If you have a Facebook for your YouTube page, make sure to update as much information about it as you can. Go to your Settings option and update your Biography, "About" sections, and your "Impressum" (a formal declaration of what your page is about and who owns it, etc. - some countries require this information to be viewable).

2.A: Long story short here, Facebook likes to promote things *directly* uploaded to Facebook, not just linked from YouTube (they're mortal enemies. No, really). If you have a sizable video, make a short trailer of the best parts to incite excitement, and upload directly to Facebook as a teaser (don't forget a link to YouTube at the end, via Facebook's "Watch More" option). Also, 9 times out of 10, any post will reach more viewers if you attach a photo/video to it. Don't ask me why, but it works. A post without may reach 15 people, but sometimes a post with a picture/video will reach several hundred. (Edit: Video uploads reach more people. Period. How many Facebook videos have gone viral? Think about it..)

Part 3: DON'T fall into the "sub-for-sub" crap. In case you haven't researched, YouTube doesn't care about how many subscribers you have. Current algorithms amount to this: Watch duration + views = money. You could have 5 subscribers but make more than someone who has 300 (if their viewers don't watch regularly). The bottom line is this: make content short, but interesting, and you'll do better than some random person who amounts followers "just because". You should only subscribe if you're truly impressed by what you see, otherwise it's an empty number. Be sure to check your YouTube analytics to stay up-to-date on where you stand.

ON THE FLIP SIDE: Few people address the psychology of numbers. If you see a channel with, let's say, 10,000 subscribers, chances are you're going to check it out. If 10,000 people subscribed, they simply *must* have enjoyable content, right? Keep this in mind, but don't be an empty subscriber. It seriously doesn't get anyone anywhere unless you're actively watching their content.

Part 4: UPDATE REGULARLY. Whether it's your Facebook page, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, whatever: the key to succeeding in social media is to post often. If you neglect your social networking or fail to upload consistently, you run the risk of losing interest. Make sure you promote platforms that you intend on keeping up to date: no point in asking people to follow you on Twitter, SnapChat, etc. if you never update them.

I really hope this helps. I've learned a LOT in my 2 years on YouTube/social media. If you have any comments/suggestions, POST THEM BELOW, so we can help each other grow as a community, and as YouTubers overall.

Thanks, and good luck!!!

Reactions: Phil Kidd