How to get back in to making videos...

p1x13st1ck

Matron of Gaming
Freedom! Member
Oct 6, 2014
www.facebook.com
YouTube
So, I've been offline for a while. I've been struggling a lot with some illness stuff and I haven't been motivated to get anything done. Not just online, but in real life too.

I'll be doing my yearly 24 hour stream on Twitch this Saturday, but I'm worried I won't raise a lot of money for my charity because I haven't had consistent videos (www.extra-life.org/participant/p1x13st1ck).

Does anyone have any advice on how to stay motivated?
I want to try and do better in the coming year, but I guess I just don't know where to start.

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
Well the first question is how long have you been on youtube? and do you mainly use twitch now? I have a few buddies that use twitch more than youtube and from what i can tell is they burnout faster than a youtube user since they have to constantly stream, compared to youtube you can upload once a day or even once a week without having to "force" yourself to play

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Might take a while for people to come back if you have been away for a while so don't be too concerned with the turn out to start with. If you are just making a video then that is progress :) To keep on top of things you could try and create a scheduled so that a time is to plan video making then you have another time for creating content.

I'm probably not the best to give advice on being consistent with youtube considering my own channel :D

p1x13st1ck

Matron of Gaming
Freedom! Member
Oct 6, 2014
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Thanks for your advice guys. I really do enjoy making videos and streaming. I feel like I'm sharing an experience with everyone. It's one of the reasons I started in the first place. I'm not really looking to make money or anything, just to have fun and provide entertainment for people.

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
I've always says that once youtube starts to feel like a job, that's the day I'll stop doing it. make the kind of content YOU want to watch. but most importantly..just do it for the fun of it. find the one thing you love to do or talk about the most and film it. you'll be surprised at how quickly that can get your mind going with new ideas

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
I'm sorry to hear about the health issues you've been experiencing, and I hope you feel better real soon. Personally when it comes to uploading or streaming consistently it's all about momentum. I stopped uploading daily a few months back and ever since then I too have had trouble getting back to making commentaries and videos the way I used to.

As someone who also loves doing this just for the fun of it I found this odd since I thought all the motivation I needed came from all the fun I had getting the gameplay I uploaded, but looking back now I think it had more to do with it simply becoming a habit. After uploading daily for so long prior to my little "break" I just got used to putting videos together every single day and staying on top of uploads to the point where it was second nature. Now I'm not saying it's easy, cause it's certainly not, but maybe getting into the habit of streaming Saturday and then making it a part of your usual schedule to do another one the next Saturday, and the Saturday after that, and the Saturday after that, etc. is the first step to streaming regularly like you used to. The first step is by far the most difficult, and I have yet to reach it myself, but once you get there I firmly believe that when you pass it streaming several days a week or maybe even daily will definitely be possible :)

Anyways sorry for such a long post, and apologies if everything sounded like a bunch of nonsense but I hope it helped in some way. Best of luck with everything and have an awesome day! - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

TeeGee

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2016
YouTube
tgshowers
You have to commit. What ive realized, is that if you dont have an upload schedule, or if you dont stay true to your upload schedule then you wont ever get in a routine. And you need to get in that routine of uploading because it will become habit, and then you wont have any problem uploading. This works for me, and Id love to know if it works for anyone else. :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So, I've been offline for a while. I've been struggling a lot with some illness stuff and I haven't been motivated to get anything done. Not just online, but in real life too.

I'll be doing my yearly 24 hour stream on Twitch this Saturday, but I'm worried I won't raise a lot of money for my charity because I haven't had consistent videos (www.extra-life.org/participant/p1x13st1ck).

Does anyone have any advice on how to stay motivated?
I want to try and do better in the coming year, but I guess I just don't know where to start.
Having fun in what you do can work as a drive to stay motivated. The fact you get to know new people, interact with those who like to watch your content.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I've taken a month long break in the past and when I want to start back up, it can be difficult. Like you aren't motivated, but you just got to go for it. Once I just do it, I start to get motivated and keep going again after like a week.