How to boost FPS in PC Games

The OG Lime

Rising User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys I was wondering is there any way to boost performance in cs:go as I make cs:go videos on youtube and wanted to run it smoother. Any tip is much appreciated

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hey guys I was wondering is there any way to boost performance in cs:go as I make cs:go videos on youtube and wanted to run it smoother. Any tip is much appreciated
Can you first give us your pc specs? It's often a hardware issue when dealing with fps. Right off the bat, you can turn the graphic settings down to get better framerates.

TheNickelKing

Rising User
Jan 7, 2016
YouTube
tbh the only way to boost preformance in game is having a better pc but if you want to record with better preformance i recommend obs studios its free and you record with like only a 2 fps drop

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
tbh the only way to boost preformance in game is having a better pc but if you want to record with better preformance i recommend obs studios its free and you record with like only a 2 fps drop
OBS is great, unless the game you're playing is demanding on the CPU, bc even if you're not streaming, OBS still uses a lot of CPU power to compress while it records (it's originally built to stream). As far as free programs go, OBS is still my fav, but built in game capture software that comes with your GPU will always run smoothest. Bandicam is also a lot less demanding too though, if you don't mind spending some money, or having a watermark.

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
I use to run Razor game booster on an older computer and got a small performance boost (don`t need it these days) All this does is turn of all your background services/programs running in background.

Haft to agree with the above post Bandicam is very CPU friendly compared to OBS.
I really like Geeforce ShadowPlay uses your GPU instead of CPU

ShivGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 26, 2016
Romania
YouTube
To boost your performance, you have to close other aplications that you do not need, lower your video settings a bit, and I reccomend that you use Nvidia ShadowPlay( if you can ) ,which will not take your cpu power, If not try using Fraps or Bandicam

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I think the biggest thing is to try playing in a slightly lower resolution... like 720p

Also some of the graphics settings can make a substatial difference like shadows, reflections, aliasing, etc... sorry.. im not familiar with that games settings to give you any better advice...

Also try different screen recording solutions. For example... I used to record with fraps... but if I run fraps with VR my system tanks in performance. But I can record with shadowplay without any noticeable frame drop at all...

Another issue you may run into is recording on the same hard drive as your running windows and playing the game off of is not ideal. Most of us use a seperate drive for recording...