tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
I have reccently been getting these really annoying spam comments and so I thought lets put my frustration into a funny sarcastic video! I also saw some people doing shoutouts just for subs so I thought lets just see how I can put all these frustrations and problems with the community into a funny video!

Last edited:

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
If you're looking to get this seen by more people in the long term try checking out the best practices guide for information on how you can get the forums to be a bigger source of traffic for you!!

p.s. this was funny, the pacing needs a bit of work but I see and respect what you were going for Cheers mate!!

Reactions: tActhImo

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
If you're looking to get this seen by more people in the long term try checking out the best practices guide for information on how you can get the forums to be a bigger source of traffic for you!!

p.s. this was funny, the pacing needs a bit of work but I see and respect what you were going for Cheers mate!!
I think I applied some of your tips thanks for bringing them to my attention! Btw could you further explain the problem with the pacing? that would really help!

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
I think I applied some of your tips thanks for bringing them to my attention! Btw could you further explain the problem with the pacing? that would really help!
Hey, so it seemed at a few points that the audience knows there's a punchline coming and they're just waiting for it. On YouTube this is troublesome because many creators never deliver because their ideas aren't well fleshed out. As far as pace issues in a video like this you should look for ways to quickly jump from punchline to punchline, one way i've seen this work without making the video crazy short is by temporarily diverting the attention of the audience with one punchline that's semi related and allowing you to build to the relevant one. Try this example.

"If you're a talantless hack no worries you can do what blues musitions have been doing for years, steal your content and rebrand it as your own. Why put in the creative effort to reimagine things like the YouTube Tim Burton when you can drop more frequent content by simply stealing from existing work like Michael bey... without the explosions. Hell... here are some explosions just because (explosion graphics on screen)

so here some of these depend on delivery and are more to catch the audience off guard than they are punchlines but harkeing to something that they're familiar with but that catches them off guard can have much the same effect as a punchline. The stress points/punchlines here are

• talentless hack
    • everyone thinks they aren't but have insecurities that they might be, this is a nervous laugh
    • people are also prone to think "?i'm not but that other n00b over there is!! This is a cocky laugh
  • blues musitions
    • this is sort of a public "inside joke" people knows it happens/happened but for some reason those who get it feel smarter for getting the joke... the same psycology is present with "only 90's kids will get this" posts
    • This also is seemingly random. Random does not equal funny but being able to connect two seemingly random ideas with a punchline or reward for the viewer is HUGE for making people feel validated.
  • tim burton
    • not a punchline but a reference to his outlandish reimaginings of old films.
    • as an added on screeen gag add many cutouts of johnny depp (from tim burton films) on screen, the two have worked together a lot over the years and the costume transformations make your point while the choice of lead actor invalidates it which is ironic (if the viewer notices this they feel smart)
  • michael bey
    • well known for rebooting old franchises, explosion, and lense flare jokes are common
    • bonus on screen gag add lense flares to something stupid like a download button...
  • tease explosions
    • small punchline just mentioning explosions
  • deliver explosions nonchalantly
    • by pausing a second the audience thinks you'll leave it be and move on, then by bringing it back to be as cheesy as the person you used as a punchline you go from getting a smirk (i get that) to a full smile (wow, he actually went there)
it's all about playing the angles and crafting a script that makes the viewer feel smart, funny in their own right, and they know there's a nugget right around the corner if they stay with you. Be sure to leave little or no dead air or time where the viewer can ask "why am I watching this again"

This is just a weird example from my brain, i'll leave the rest up to you :)