How to actually grow your channel

itzgamerreviews

New User
Jul 6, 2014
Stroud
www.igr.me
YouTube
Hey,
I have a kickstarter that you will want to check out. Everything is explained in the text but I did make a video trying to explain it somewhat. I cannot share the Kickstarter link because the forum thinks its spam but if you search kickstarter for Unity you will find my project and if I can get an admin to add the link here I will.

The simple truth is growing on YouTube or anywhere isn't just about YouTube any more. You will need to have a presence all over the place and gather your army of fans from every crevice of the internet if you want to grow.

What is the point of amassing 10,000 subs if no one watches your content?

I have designed a product called Unity, it will help your channel grow by helping you spend more time creating content and helping your channel get exposure so that you can amass an army of loyal fans, cut the admin down to as little as possible and promote your channel 100% of the time so that you can carry on with the job of creating content.

If the Kickstarter is funded I want to help my Freedom family do better than the rest and this will mean some form of discount for Freedom members, if there is enough uptake then it may even be free but first of all it needs to get funded so please, look, join and above all SHARE THE KICKSTARTER so I can get some real traction and get the project funded.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I think you are taking it a bit to literally, the point is, its not about increasing subs, its about increasing views.
[...] and the point of amassing a value of subscribers is so that they end up returning to your channel to watch said videos. It's the same reason why Sub4Sub doesn't contribute to true channel growth, since the subscriber does not, will not, never will return to watch, thus negating the purpose of the subscription.

I see the point you're getting at, though. But to get more views in modern 2016 YouTube, you need to make things that not only are people searching for, but are also going to be able to find. Recent polarizing or trending topics are good for this. Such as the Trump Effect issue with EA (got me 1.5K views) and bad reviews for the GTX 1080 on Amazon (220 views). It was recent, people were searching for it, and I got the views to match the NEW trend. I stress new because GTA 5 is a trend, but it's so old you'll never get anywhere with it.

itzgamerreviews

New User
Jul 6, 2014
Stroud
www.igr.me
YouTube
[...] and the point of amassing a value of subscribers is so that they end up returning to your channel to watch said videos. It's the same reason why Sub4Sub doesn't contribute to true channel growth, since the subscriber does not, will not, never will return to watch, thus negating the purpose of the subscription.

I see the point you're getting at, though. But to get more views in modern 2016 YouTube, you need to make things that not only are people searching for, but are also going to be able to find. Recent polarizing or trending topics are good for this. Such as the Trump Effect issue with EA (got me 1.5K views) and bad reviews for the GTX 1080 on Amazon (220 views). It was recent, people were searching for it, and I got the views to match the NEW trend. I stress new because GTA 5 is a trend, but it's so old you'll never get anywhere with it.

Very true, its the point I was trying to make which was about focussing on subs as a number and not as a growth mechanism for views which is why Unity will be such a great asset, imagine something that will analyse your data and be able to make smart suggestions for relevant keywords that will actually get your video real views from people interested in your content, not only that, it will then promote your video for you on every available social network so that you can build an army of loyal fans who like what you do and actually watch your videos.

The only issue with being on topic, specifically for a gaming channel, is that your headline is only relevant now, how about in six months, I still get views on videos I made a year or more ago.