How long should it take to get more than 10 subs?

That Awkward Giraffe

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
YouTube
ThisAwkGiraffe
As the title says how long should it take to get more than 10 subs? I am curious because I've had my channel for half a year almost, including a sort of 2 -3 month break I didn't mean to take at all.
P.s I'm not doing Youtube for subs or the money I do Youtuber because it's fun and I like to entertain people, but sometimes I can't help but let all the numbers get in my head.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
There is no real way to determine this and you should be focusing on views instead of subs but it comes down to these main points:
How much content you produce
How good of quality the content is
The type of content
Your marketing and exposure techniques
Your SEO skills
Your branding and call to actions

Just remember you should be focusing on views instead of subs. If there is one phrase to keep in your mind it is Quality Over Quantity. I upload weekly but I make sure to have good quality videos. I was off to a rocky start at first with not much attention but then I got spotlighted on the George show and it sort of Kickstarted me, I didn't get many subs from it but I certainly got off to a start. I only get about 1 subscriber every week or 2 but I focus on keeping my viewers happy and entertained.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!

iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
As everyone else has said, don't worry about getting subs, geez I have been making videos at 1 a week minimum for nearly a year and after the subscriber purge YouTube recently rolled out am back at 77 subscribers.

Just have fun and they will come

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
As the title says how long should it take to get more than 10 subs? I am curious because I've had my channel for half a year almost, including a sort of 2 -3 month break I didn't mean to take at all.
P.s I'm not doing Youtube for subs or the money I do Youtuber because it's fun and I like to entertain people, but sometimes I can't help but let all the numbers get in my head.

I've had 10 in a month and 200 in a week so there is no saying what will happen for you!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
It can vary greatly depending on your video content, how it gets shared, and subject matter. Someone can gain thousands in a few weeks, some can take months as well.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
yeah the first 100 subs are the hardest times. because almost no one knows you. you just have to keep going and work hard and you wil get there. I promise!

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
I am not there yet. But, everyone is different. I am sure you can get there if you follow the advice of YouTubers that have achieved that wonderful milestone already!:D Some including.... creating a great banner and avatar, uploading on a consistent basis, creating quality content and making a channel trailer to start! Good luck!(y) (Y)