How do you stay motivated?

KylePlays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
Just a curious question i've always wanted to ask my freedom family, how do you stay motivated making youtube videos?

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
I too struggle on this. But to stay motivated, try to look at popular ideas that you're interested in. Make it more in your own way. Make it more fun to you, so the audience would have fun as well.

Another thing is to actually go OUTSIDE. Whenever you go outside, you get ideas to talk about like what's going on or what you feel like talking about.

Think of your channel as your show. It's YOU who decide what content to upload. And people want to hear and see YOU. So make yourself more open to others and grow and actually have some fun.

I'd also highly suggest to collaborate. It could be your friend or anyone literally. Two people is always better than one. :p

I just typed out what came out of my mind, but yeah. Hope this helps :D

I'll be out for two weeks, going to beach so guess I'll take a break and find some things and topics to feel like talking about :p

(Any grammar or typos, I was just writing this fast on phone so yup... Sorry about that)

KylePlays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
I too struggle on this. But to stay motivated, try to look at popular ideas that you're interested in. Make it more in your own way. Make it more fun to you, so the audience would have fun as well.

Another thing is to actually go OUTSIDE. Whenever you go outside, you get ideas to talk about like what's going on or what you feel like talking about.

Think of your channel as your show. It's YOU who decide what content to upload. And people want to hear and see YOU. So make yourself more open to others and grow and actually have some fun.

I'd also highly suggest to collaborate. It could be your friend or anyone literally. Two people is always better than one. :p

I just typed out what came out of my mind, but yeah. Hope this helps :D

I'll be out for two weeks, going to beach so guess I'll take a break and find some things and topics to feel like talking about :p

(Any grammar or typos, I was just writing this fast on phone so yup... Sorry about that)

thanks for the advice, appreciate it :D

Noahsark

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Sunny Scotland
YouTube
I haven't been doing this that long so I'm not sure if I have a right to be commenting as my motivation hasn't yet been tested. However, for me this is all I want to do. I literally can't stop thinking about growing my channel. I'm always thinking about what I can do next to help. I guess you need to be slightly insane and abnormally passionate and the motivation will just come naturally.

Although YouTube motivation for success videos. These videos motivated turned my gold fish in to a shark lol.

VenusPolNocy

New User
Freedom! Member
Aug 6, 2016
Reykjavik
YouTube
I am motivated by people who watchiing me and leaving nice comments. Also I am motivated buy nes subscribers.
I am also motivated because I can show to people something unique.
But I think like many I have days when I don´t have idea or power to do anything and then my viweres asking where is new video...
I think audience is the best motivation!

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
you just must have it inside your mind. your passion. then you always have motivation. no matters how hard it gets

Game Crash Studios

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2015
The way I stay motivated is I make videos on things I want to make, things that I feel like doing. I don't do it for the views, subs, or money because if I did I would have been burned out long ago. If you do it for the money you aren't gonna get much unless you get lucky. If you don't get much money and you do it for that reason why do it? Same thing with views. Don't expect and get a lot of views, chances of hitting even 100+ views on every video is very slim for a lot of small youtubers. Vice versa with subs. I do it because I enjoy uploading, making the videos, and the kinds of videos I make. Just do it for what helps push you.

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I stay motivated because i love playing video games! I had time when i actually cried because YouTube was too good to be true! I want to become someone who makes peoples day by just making videos! I also don't want to regret not doing YouTube because who know what might happen! I don't want to be that guy who regrets not doing what I love most! What motivates you guys?

SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
I also have the problem of staying motivated. I have dinosaur technology and I'm trying to make use of what I have. And the work can be taxing and tiring. Not to mention frustrating. I tried to upload a video but it took an hour for it to get to 3%...

TheRealRyanMickens

Rising User
Oct 1, 2015
California
YouTube
I think it all comes down to having fun with this. We're all pretty small channels and post something that we're interested in. Whether its gaming, fitness, make up, or whatever lol.

When it gets to the point where it becomes stressful, then it probably takes all the enjoyment out of even wanting to post, and drains your motivation.

Even if its discouraging not getting as many views as you'd like, as long as you're having fun posting, then the motivation will stay there. I have an iphone 4 and record potato quality videos lol, but another thing that motivates me is improvement. Each video I try to improve and not stay content. And I look forward to getting new cameras and stuff, and it gives me a goal to reach. Having small goals is important too!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
For me Gaming is a hobby in wich some cases i love to do solo and other times with friends. I always livestream what i am doing as i just find it fun to share my experience with others and along the way i have got to know alot of people who became my gaming buddies afterwards wich is a plus side of livestreaming. That right there is actually my motivation, just the fun i have in gaming :)

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
I get motivated everytime I see a comment, now my channel is very old so my motivation has been lost several times over the years I've uploaded (started 2011, channel from 2006).

I kept emails from YouTube since I started and judging by the days between each comment, it's been harder getting people to write on my videos.. maybe more competition after 2012? Now I get maybe one comment a month.

So I've stopped looking at those and rather try to get better at editing and reacting while commentating.

SuperSumii

Rising User
Just a curious question i've always wanted to ask my freedom family, how do you stay motivated making youtube videos?
Well, I don't have many people there to really back me up and help me when it comes to the making of my videos, but, as a person, I've been with Youtube all my life watching videos made by others. The idea of being able to collab and get to know tons of people out there through a youtube channel just really hits home for me. I think that it's because I know that if I knew that I could be this when I was younger that I would definitely have gotten in on it. That's just my overly positive opinion, though. I can truly say that I am happy to make videos, and that I hope that I'll be able to make some with the rest of you soon.

Deityfication

New User
Freedom! Member
Having the motivation to create/edit YouTube would most definitely isn't about the money which you are paid. It's more on what you expect the outcome of the video you have upload to be like.

For me, what kept me motivated till now is to have the mindset that people are satisfied after watching the fresh video which you have uploaded into your channel. I mean, I don't really mind my subscriber count in my channel (as you can see below lmao), but I'm sure that they have subscribed to you for a reason. Hence that's what kept me motivated till now, there are people waiting and wanting what kind of new content you have made/edited.