How do you stand out from the YouTube crowd?

ToastyBros

Rising User
Dec 20, 2014
YouTube
toastybrostech
Just a general idea I was thinking about, their is an influx of lets players or other gaming YouTube channels. What is it that you do to stand apart from the others? Our channel is mainly focused around Tech. We have dived into some gaming however we have realized its a hard market to get views in. I was wondering how you all stand out, is there a certain image you are going for? Interested to read about this

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
Well, on one hand, I rarely give a crap about the number of subscribers I have; on the other hand, I try my hardest to put the very best out there for everyone to experience full enjoyment from my content.

I stand out by simply doing what I love, and loving what I do, and not giving a crap.

CaptainMaxwell7

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2015
My base.
YouTube
I don't stand out that much, but what I do is I share my video in the forums and reddit (if there's) of the game when I make a video for it, this way I get a number of views on it. You will see LOOOOOOOOOTS of haters, ignoring them is your objective.

Cherry Mayne

Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2014
YouTube
I feel like I have a very crazy/energetic personality that catches peoples eye! I also am very passionate in what I do :)

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Well every game I've played minus the occasional side series has been viewer suggested.

Of the 30 games I have played on my channel since officially starting up 2 years ago today 23 of them have been games that my viewers have suggested and voted for. And 4 of the 7 games that haven't been were just short series at 5 or less episodes.

So basically I throw my thoughts and opinions out the window for the most part and let the viewers decide what they want to see me do.

Aaron35

Freedom! Member
Dec 2, 2015
England
YouTube
I suppose it's how you broadcast yourself, and how you mange your channel. The thimbnails are what lures people to your channel.

Boredom Killers

Rising User
Jan 24, 2016
Wales
www.facebook.com
YouTube
As a viewer, gaming channels put me off because there are so many, you REALLY have to do something different to get my attention, and when you do, all it takes is another person to do something different to divert attention. Look how quickly people tuned on pewdiepie when he ttuned popular, and I think it's because of that super-extroverted in your face personality all the time, every time that begins to grate. you start to vy for something genuine. Gaming channels at best for me have introduced me to games I havnt played before so there is a plus - but I like to keep the surprises in games for myself. \m/

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Well, on one hand, I rarely give a crap about the number of subscribers I have; on the other hand, I try my hardest to put the very best out there for everyone to experience full enjoyment from my content.

I stand out by simply doing what I love, and loving what I do, and not giving a crap.
Now this is something i agree on as i think alike. I just do my thing and enjoy doing so regarding of views or subs. I don't do youtube to stand out, i do youtube because i like to share my gaming moments :)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Make content that hasn't been done before, although like others I'm not really doing Youtube to make it a full time job but rather as something I enjoy. Growing the channel is just a bonus. :)

I think Tech is a good area to work on, it's definitely something people are interested in and will continue to be.