How do you feel about VR and where it is headed?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
With constant innovations and development to make our gaming experiences more immersive. Not long ago, a VR vest was created that allows one to feel recoil along with other sensations that one might feel if they were in that particular situation. How do you feel about the direction that VR is taking? Do you have any ideas for further development that you think would improve everyone's overall gaming experience? Go ahead and elaborate :)

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
I think VR has the potential to be great. I don't think VR is the "future of gaming" in the near future like a lot of people do but I think it could have the potential to be a great platform for horror games. Lets be honest. Horror games kinda suck at the moment. All just unoriginal, stretched out ideas. There has only ever been 2 good horror games in maybe the past 10 years and one of them got cancelled, Outlast and Silent Hills. I can't see VR being the future of game titles like Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty etc any time soon.

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
I agree, I think that VR has the potential to be fantastic! What needs to happen first, is the price of these VR machines needs to drop so that the general public has access to them. Which of course means that there needs to be a revolution in development that decreases the cost of production of these machines. If there was a cost-effective, user friendly, and cheap, full VR experience for, COD let's say. I'm pretty sure the sales would be great. Horror games on the other hand, are a completely different experience that I dare say should almost require VR integration to give the best possible experience. Being that the horror genre is even NAMED after a feeling, horror. So it should be that the largest amount of VR marketing and development should be in that direction. I digress. As of right now, I think there is pretty solid development in the VR department. Could there be more? Possibly. Should there? Maybe. Do I want there to be? AH-YUS :p

Reactions: Alpine

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
I agree, I think that VR has the potential to be fantastic! What needs to happen first, is the price of these VR machines needs to drop so that the general public has access to them. Which of course means that there needs to be a revolution in development that decreases the cost of production of these machines. If there was a cost-effective, user friendly, and cheap, full VR experience for, COD let's say. I'm pretty sure the sales would be great. Horror games on the other hand, are a completely different experience that I dare say should almost require VR integration to give the best possible experience. Being that the horror genre is even NAMED after a feeling, horror. So it should be that the largest amount of VR marketing and development should be in that direction. I digress. As of right now, I think there is pretty solid development in the VR department. Could there be more? Possibly. Should there? Maybe. Do I want there to be? AH-YUS :p
They might eventually go down in price. They are really expensive for the actual VR. Thats not even including the price for the actual computer you will need to run the games at 60fps, less than that will make you feel sick I've heard.