How do you deal with hate?

I

iHaresh

Hey guys,

Recently I have been receiving a large amount of traffic on youtube. In two weeks I have managed to gain around 70 subscribers. I've been able to pull in more views and likes than normal but with all this great news comes a lot of hate!!! It's becoming hard to block out, my last two videos have more dislikes than actual likes...
LOL at this point I'm scared to upload because I don't know how my subscribers will react... I'm not even sure if someone is faking the dislikes. Any advice? What motivates you to continue making content?

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
Doesn't matter! Do what you love to do, of course there will be hates but do what you love!! And keep on uploading no one know where you will be in years!

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
It's kind of the nature of the business. You are posting something on the internet for everyone to see and criticize. I just ignore them, are you ever going to meet a majority of your subscribers in real life? Probably not. If they are hating on you, does their opinion really matter to you?

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
You can't please everyone, just continue making videos. I don't know why you would stop just cause you got some hate.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Just remember, the dislikes help your channel just as much as likes. As discouraging as it may be, if you're doing what you enjoy, just attempt to look past it and continue doing what you do for the people that like your content!

thejamesshow

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Internet is full of hate just because.
You shouldn't necessarily ignore criticism or dislikes, but never take it personal. If it has advice you can use, thank the commenter, if not, move on. If they don't like what you do, they can go make their own videos!

Reactions: iHaresh

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
just do what you do and see if your subs like it, you must be doing something right if you have 400+ subs

TerabyteGaming

Freedom! Member
May 29, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys,

Recently I have been receiving a large amount of traffic on youtube. In two weeks I have managed to gain around 70 subscribers. I've been able to pull in more views and likes than normal but with all this great news comes a lot of hate!!! It's becoming hard to block out, my last two videos have more dislikes than actual likes...
LOL at this point I'm scared to upload because I don't know how my subscribers will react... I'm not even sure if someone is faking the dislikes. Any advice? What motivates you to continue making content?
Dude just ignore them! Don't worry what people say behind a screen! Just do what you enjoy

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Fun fact, those haters actually help you. I understand that it isnt fun to receive hate but they actually raise your "interaction" with the public. The higher viewer interaction you have, the better you will come up in search results.

The best way to deal with it is just ignore it or respond to them in a proffesional, calmly manner.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
The reason your video was disliked could have something to do with the video, but it could also have nothing to do with the video at all. For example, you never know, maybe a person is having a bad day and hating on someone makes them feel better. It's not a very nice thing to do, but some people do it. Or if it has something to do with the video, maybe a technique you explained, for example, was tried by someone and for whatever reason, it didn't work. Or maybe someone has really high standards for YouTube videos, and your video, while good, didn't meet their standards. The reason could be anything. I would suggest not paying attention to hate. As mentioned above, you've got 400+ subs so you must be doing something right. Also, as mentioned above, you can't be sure the dislikes are coming from subs.

Your videos do have positive comments, so I suggest reaching out to your subscribers and asking them for feedback, and what they would like to watch. Also, you probably already know this but I thought I'd mention it anyway, there's a difference between feedback and hate. Keeping this in mind will help.
"Your videos suck" = Hate or Not So Useful Criticism
"You should really look into improving your audio/video quality" = Feedback or Constructive Criticism

Hope this helps.
Best of luck.

As for what keeps me motivated. Seeing comments from people saying that my videos have helped them in one way or another is what keeps me motivated.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys,

Well i had the same issue where i got dislike bombed and got hate comments and you know how i react?
I love them for it! Sure it is annoying to recieve it but with every lovely comment and dislike they give my video ranks higher in the search bar wich is a good thing. Last time i had a hater who commented i left a reaction with Love you too :*
That was also the last time i heard from them or recieved dislikes. So yea don't mind the hate ;)