How do you create your thumbnails?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
Personally I use Photoshop, and I'm pretty proud of what I can create on there. What do you guys use to create your thumbnails, or do you just use one of the default ones that YouTube pics out from your video?

Reactions: Brent Cone

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Prnt Scr
And paste...
Crop with photoshop...
Done...

Sometimes I do actual photoshop work, but it takes so long for me, and I don't like doing it.

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
Prnt Scr
And paste...
Crop with photoshop...
Done...

Sometimes I do actual photoshop work, but it takes so long for me, and I don't like doing it.
Just about the same! xD I tend to do around 30 minutes of thumbnail creation at the most. Usually ends up being like 15 mins. The more practice you get with it, the faster it becomes :D This is my latest one, took me a little while, but that was because i was trying something new. I would definitely recommend, gets more fun once you get the stuff down :)THE PARK 1.png

Reactions: Hail Kira

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
What I do, is take a picture of my own video (and if case I don´t do that I take a picture relationated with the video),and I edit it on paint.net

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
I actually use "Adobe After Effects". Some program I use to make my videos! :D

I just find it much easier on that ;) But I can sometimes use Photoshop if it is would be needed! :)

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I used to use Sony Movie Studio not just to edit my videos, but to take snapshots of whatever part of a game I had recorded, because I don't know how to make a thumbnail any other way. But I've been getting tired of constantly taking snapshots like I did with Psychonauts. So with other Steam games, I'm using the same image over and over. I'll only take screenshots now if I'm playing a game from Gamejolt, and there is no image I can use.