Tips & Tricks How do I use Twitter to promote my YouTube channel?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello Freedom!.

This thread will be a bit different to my other Guides as it will not 100% show you how to do something but instead will be a bit of a discussion. I wanted to talk a bit about promotion through Twitter.

So I'll list what I've found to work. If you have suggestions or things you want to tell others about this from your own personal experience reply and I'll take a look at them.
  1. Posting videos to Twitter at a healthy rate
  2. Video clips and Epoxy
  3. Hashtags
  4. RT bots
1) Posting videos
Firstly, a great way to get people to watch your videos most of the time is to give them a video to look at. You probably knew that. Though there's a few things I see people do wrong with posting videos:
  • Only posting videos
This is a huge mistake. If people want to see your videos only they can just subscribe to your YouTube channel and won't need a video clogging up their Twitter feed all the time. Though you want them to see your videos so here's a healthy thing to do: Try keeping your video to Tweet rate at 1/15 or so meaning for every 15 Tweets you make you'll post one video at most. Just sending out videos is YouTube's job.
  • Just tweeting the videos
Add a description of your video, what you do in it, etc and don't just post the link!

2) Video clips and Epoxy
The best way to advertise a video is to give people a short trailer maybe with a cliffhanger. If you're a Freedom! Partner you may use a service called Epoxy to make short clips. If you share those with a link to the video you will be able to promote the video quite well.

3) Hashtags
Use trending Hashtags, retweet people using them and comment and your Twitter account will grow showing you to extend your reach through Twitter. Also if you've made a video on a new game for example, use the game's Hashtag and people will find your video even more.

4) Retweet Bots
There's some Retweet Bots retweeting Tweets with a specific Hashtag like for example #FreedomFamily. These can help you reach more people with similar interests too.

Have any other ideas or suggestions? Reply and we'll have a nice discussion about it! ;)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Overall some great tips on how to grow with the usage of Twitter.

For me my personal approach is to build a community of people that share the same interest. Since i am a gamer myself and my youtube channel is about it as well i try to get into that audience and community by meeting up with fellow Gamers wich will eventually help in the long run :)

羽翼之兔

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 8, 2017
YouTube
I always will share directly YOUTYBE to Twitter feed so it is not good (like that?
Need to add some text to let people see that.