Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The greatest deficiency with your channel is the tags.

I look at the tags and all I see are hyper-saturated tags that will get you nowhere near the first page of search results.
It is also important to note that people subscribe to gaming channels for the personality that makes and speaks about and with the content. Without commentary, absolutely nothing is there to separate you from another channel making an identical video on the same game.

Work on your tags, go incredibly deep research into SEO and insert your person into your videos, and that'll get things moving a little quicker.

Reactions: SHARQwithaQ

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I just started making videos and would absolutely love to have a bigger audience (obviously). I make walkthrough / let's play content. What should be the ways I should use?
Thanks!
My channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQ42STUpuRJTq5ubUu3Nhw
Having text on your thumbnails should help. Maybe invest in getting some professional artwork done, having a brand earlier on will help entice people to check your videos out more ^^

H20Dynamo

Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas
YouTube
You dont... Now in all seriousness let's play channels are REALLY hard to grow due to the only real thing that makes you different is your personality. I recommend working on commentary, build that skill up as much as you can and it can take you far. Then if you feel like you need to, cut out the boring parts in gameplays. For example: If I was doing a skyrim lets play and I had to run from one side of the map to the other without fast travel and nothing interesting happened that'd be like 5 - 10 minutes of boring gameplay. Also, you need to make thumbnails that catch peoples eye. Maybe a colorful text or something. Right now you have a simple formula which works sometimes but I recommend at least adding a stroke to the text in your thumbnails.
On a side note: When/If you do commentary one of my biggest tips is to be yourself. If you have to you might wanna exaggerate your personality. Don't be someone else, dont pretend to like something and dont be monotone. When you start commentating as well, your gonna find your own voice annoying until you get used to it. I did and I'm sure most people did.

GIRLvsGAME

New User
Mar 10, 2016
YouTube
^ these are all good tips here. create a name for your self add that to your thumbnails. think to your self would you click on that vid if your saw it in the mass of vids as you were scolling thru? get your commentary on your vids, no one is gonna wanna watch a let's play that has no commentary.

SHARQwithaQ

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
You dont... Now in all seriousness let's play channels are REALLY hard to grow due to the only real thing that makes you different is your personality. I recommend working on commentary, build that skill up as much as you can and it can take you far. Then if you feel like you need to, cut out the boring parts in gameplays. For example: If I was doing a skyrim lets play and I had to run from one side of the map to the other without fast travel and nothing interesting happened that'd be like 5 - 10 minutes of boring gameplay. Also, you need to make thumbnails that catch peoples eye. Maybe a colorful text or something. Right now you have a simple formula which works sometimes but I recommend at least adding a stroke to the text in your thumbnails.
On a side note: When/If you do commentary one of my biggest tips is to be yourself. If you have to you might wanna exaggerate your personality. Don't be someone else, dont pretend to like something and dont be monotone. When you start commentating as well, your gonna find your own voice annoying until you get used to it. I did and I'm sure most people did.
Thanks man!

SHARQwithaQ

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
^ these are all good tips here. create a name for your self add that to your thumbnails. think to your self would you click on that vid if your saw it in the mass of vids as you were scolling thru? get your commentary on your vids, no one is gonna wanna watch a let's play that has no commentary.
Yes I'll be working on that! Thanks!