Tips & Tricks How do I do YouTube but still have to go to school and do homework etc?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'm 13 and do YouTube. I struggle to record/edit/upload my videos because I have other things like soccer,friends and school getting in the way. Can anyone help me?
Firstly, do YouTube as a hobby. School isn't getting in the way, school is the education you need. If you have no time for YouTubing, just put school before it. This may sound stupid, but just focus on school things.

Dotz dotz

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2017
YouTube
instead of play videogames , record or edit. u can make 1 video for week, so u can record on saturday and edit on sunday. and upload on monday morning ^^

D

Deleted member 17740

I'm 13 and do YouTube. I struggle to record/edit/upload my videos because I have other things like soccer,friends and school getting in the way. Can anyone help me?
Hay there!
As someone who has to juggle between youtube, school, i might be able to help ya.
1) As @LW001 said above, you should never allow youtube to take-over ya school work/life as it can lead to complications and stress in the long-run.
2) Make a plan of when you able to record, edit, and render videos. Believe me, it might not seem as if it'll help but if you know when you can't and can, for example, record..then you'll be much more efficient in your organisation of your time and be better at doing both school and youtube equally.
3) Following from the previous ^, you should make a flexible plan of what times you will do what. For example, make a table using google excel that you can print out that tells you between what times you can record, edit, and render ya videos.
4) When rendering/uploading videos, to increase the amount of time ya have for youtube, on the side, you could both render and upload videos at night while your asleep so that you spend less time waiting for a video to be rendered to uploaded and more time on schoolwork or making content.

I hope this helped ya and i hope that you heed the advice given.
-Korbin

Reactions: zeke morgan

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hay there!
As someone who has to juggle between youtube, school, i might be able to help ya.
1) As @LW001 said above, you should never allow youtube to take-over ya school work/life as it can lead to complications and stress in the long-run.
2) Make a plan of when you able to record, edit, and render videos. Believe me, it might not seem as if it'll help but if you know when you can't and can, for example, record..then you'll be much more efficient in your organisation of your time and be better at doing both school and youtube equally.
3) Following from the previous ^, you should make a flexible plan of what times you will do what. For example, make a table using google excel that you can print out that tells you between what times you can record, edit, and render ya videos.
4) When rendering/uploading videos, to increase the amount of time ya have for youtube, on the side, you could both render and upload videos at night while your asleep so that you spend less time waiting for a video to be rendered to uploaded and more time on schoolwork or making content.

I hope this helped ya and i hope that you heed the advice given.
-Korbin
That was a very helpful and useful insight into how to juggle YouTube and school @Korbin and I couldn't have said it better myself. I would also like to further say that treat YouTube as a hobby don't let it take over your life,and don't let it ruin your friendships etc (so don't always put off meeting them to record videos for example). If you have time in a week, after homework or before you go to bed to do a quick video then great if not you have the weekend / holidays to do this, you can always use the "down time" - for example whilst in school or sleeping to have your videos rendering etc to help you

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Honestly if you don't have the time for it then don't do it, school is more important that Youtube as it is pretty needed to get anywhere is life. I personally don't agree with upload schedules as it forces you to make content when you don't have the time or passion to do so. What I would do is just set no schedule as part of your channel so your viewers don't get angry when no videos come out in a little while. Just remember as others have said above me YouTube should only be a hobby for space time when you have no other plans.​

Reactions: Rvcboy

erickismeme

Rising User
Feb 7, 2017
YouTube
erickismeme
Well, you should focus on school mostly tbh, then youtube. It should just be a hobby that you have time for when you're free but you would have to have a tight schedule if you want to fit all of these things in a day :) or you can have a day on the weekend when you can record for a weeks full of videos or something like that

The Eternal Dreamers

Founder of the band "the dreamers"
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
www.theetenraldreamersl.com
YouTube
the big thing is to focus on school, but youtube lets you schedule videos ahead of time, and that can be a big help. the biggest thing is to find little bits of time to get one step done. when playing video games, record a bit of gameplay, then edit it before bed. or find a way to make videos on what you are learning about, or find a way to make it relevant to the content you make. include your life in your youtube adventure, that's how to get your personality to shine through