How do I add background music to my game play commentary?

FitGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 22, 2016
Australia
YouTube
MunchB4Punch
Hi there,
I've recently just started my youtube channel and recording my own videos and wish to know how to add background music to my video commentary.
I've tried looking around myself but my results are just how to add background music to my youtube which gets rid of my commentary.

I would appreciate some guidance.

FitGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 22, 2016
Australia
YouTube
MunchB4Punch
I've recorded and edited a video of some game play which I'am talking in and wish to underlay some background music so its not just silence and clicking.
What type of video editor should I use I've just used windows movie maker.

NachoAverageGamers

May 18, 2016
YouTube
NachoAveGamers
Yeah, Im pretty sure you cant do it in Windows Movie Maker. I personally use Adobe Premiere, but I imagine someone on here could probably suggest a cheaper or free alternative. But yeah, you'd just need to put the music clip below your commentary and decrease the volume so you can still be heard Decently.

I was on that Windows Movie Maker hype early on too. Its a pretty simple interface, but it lacks SOOOO much stuff that you truly want in a legitimate video editor.

Reactions: FitGamer

Casper#?

New User
Jun 12, 2016
YouTube
Well you could depending on what ur recording with you could just play the music in the background with media player

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
What you are looking for is basically any kind of video editing software that allows mutiple "tracts" to be added
I would recommend Lightworks or HitFilms....Both are free and easy to use
As for the underlaying part....all you have to do is reduce the volume of the audio.....again this can be done through the editor :D