Offering How can one grow without a critique?

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
I've been here awhile, had a few other threads but they disappeared into the void of the forum. Still, with that aside would you like your content or channel reviewed?

Well, step up and don't be shy!

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
After browsing through and watching a few videos, here is my critique for your channel.

Pros:
- You seem to at least enjoy your content and have a pleasant attitude. (Unlike someone that put a fake facade of being forced to do anything or just depressed.)
- Decent editing skills with video.
- No lag or stuttering in the few I've seen.
- Balanced audio Levels

Cons:
- Lack of regular updates on content.
- Some times, it sounds at least to me a bit of a slur of words when talking.
- Possible turn off for some is the cursing. There are some folks that their nose up at it.

Advise:
- Try having a steady stream of content, if the videos series you did have didn't appeal to you try other things until you find your niche.
- Try using outros, use it as a time to address your subscribers. You can link to past and relevant videos to that series.
- Possibly try subtitles as well. Some times it works well or amusingly so, see sovietwomble.

Reactions: StefanGaming

StefanGaming

The Gr8 One
Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2014
Canadia
YouTube
Thanks a lot Geist I appreciate that a lot, yeah I'd agree on the swearing and regular updates, I still got a long way to go obviously but having fun is kinda a must for a let's play I mean who wouldn't want to watch someone play with no emotion in all seriousness it's kinda good to be back after being gone kinda need to get my computer back up for stuff like this. Thanks again Geist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
There is also the collab forum if you're looking for fellow gamers to do content with. Some people find it easier to bounce commentary off of someone with a personality you can really jell with.