Community Hi all! I have a confession!

Play Owl

New User
Jun 14, 2017
YouTube
Hi! I'm PlayOwl, and I have a confession to make. I really don't understand what to do to benefit from partnering up with Freedom.

I joined a couple of days ago, and have browsed the site but I haven't really learned anything. My subscriber count hasn't immediately shot up like I hoped. Are there any steps that any of you have taken that you can recommend I take to get full benefit from my membership?

Also, I had better fill in the basics!

Your name/alias: PlayOwl
Where are you from?: England, UK
How old are you?: 34
How did you find Freedom!? Friend
What made you join our forums?: Recommended
What are your hobbies?: Video making, photography
What is your favorite food? Birdseed (I am an owl, after all)
Why did you start YouTube? To have a creative outlet
What is your biggest dream? Being happy, every day
What kind of channel do you run?: Children's educational channel
How frequently do you upload?: Daily

dakotaplays stuff

Freedom! Member
May 2, 2016
YouTube
Hi! I'm PlayOwl, and I have a confession to make. I really don't understand what to do to benefit from partnering up with Freedom.

I joined a couple of days ago, and have browsed the site but I haven't really learned anything. My subscriber count hasn't immediately shot up like I hoped. Are there any steps that any of you have taken that you can recommend I take to get full benefit from my membership?

First off Nice channel love the idea, you wont immediately shoot up in subs but freedom is a great collaboration outlet to use and has many resources available for partners, thats my answer to your "question" if you have anymore just ask :)

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
My subscriber count hasn't immediately shot up like I hoped

Joining Freedom! does not guarantee a direct shot up in subscribers, or any YouTube metric to be fair. The way you grow in Freedom! is working together with the community. We have set sections up on the forums to allow you to expand your knowledge and become better as a YouTuber, for example, we created a YouTube section to keep you up to date with the latest updates to their terms, conditions or features, a section for promoting yourself so you can archive your videos in a section where people can easily look and watch. This section is only open for active members, so either become a partner and receive the badge, or accumulate 30 posts around the forums, it is as simple as that.

We also offer a section for Community reviews. Yet this be only for partners, this allows you to ask the community what is good, or what might need improving. There is no 'bad' when it comes to channels. It either is good, or it doesn't fit in the personal interest of that person. There will always be people in the world that like it. Lastly, we offer a collaboration section, this is where you can find other members that game, vlog etc.. and decide if they want to join with you in a collaboration event, may that be a gaming event on a specific game, or heading out to a certain location for some vlogging. Collaborations are the most important and best way to grow your channel, as you attempt to merge two fan bases into one!

As I read your introduction, you are also from the UK, which I say welcome to that! I also see that you want to be happy every day, which I believe is a brilliant motto to have, doesn't matter if that is your view on YouTube video creating or life in general, that is some good intentions. Lastly, children's educational channel? May you fill me in on what videos that might include. Now I have watched many educational, scientific and mathematical videos myself, but what differs your channel from them? Is it more the basics of life or just like channels like SciShow or Numberphile?

Enjoy your stay around the Freedom! Forums and welcome to the Freedom! Family.

Reactions: dakotaplays stuff

WildMania

Rising User
Freedom! Member

The same here. Found this, but don't know how to navigate. Also, what is the pont if it is forbidden to post anything about my YT channel?!

Thanks,
milan
---

Last edited:

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
The same here. Found this, but don't know how to navigate. Also, what is the pont if it is forbidden to post anything about my YT channel?!

There is a difference between advertising being forbidden and restricted from certain areas.

Collaborate: You are not allowed to directly advertise in this area, but one of the best ways of growing is by finding other people to work with to merge two fan bases together. Maybe kick start a weekly episode together which is uploaded on both channels, referencing each other, content and publicity, two for the price of one sitting.

Promote Yourself: This might not be for the channel, however your videos are allowed here. We may put a restriction of at least 30 posts before you can use this so we can verify that you are not a hit and runner, and will contribute to the forums and not only your channel. This is another way to grow your publicity as people can easily go to this section and find a video they like.

Community Reviews: Restricted only for Freedom! Partners, this section allows you to understand what you are doing right, or what you need to improve on in the general jist of things. These are best done in a review for review basis, allowing everyone to grow at the same time. Like I say, we are the Freedom! Family.

Requests and Offers: Another section that doesn't directly link to your channel, however this does allow you to find GFX editors which could make better logos, banners, intros and outros for your videos. Look more like a professional and more people will want to spend the time.

But it isn't only about sections of the forums which allow you to grow, you also can use our YouTube Sub Button feature which allows you to add your channel at the bottom of every post you make around here. All you have to do is go to your personal details in your profile tab, look for the YouTube Channel section and enter your channel ID. You can find your channel ID here: https://www.youtube.com/account_advanced

As you can see, we don't make the forums a non-advertising place, we just moderate it so it only can be found in certain areas.

I am from Croatia, is that bad sign or benefit?
I was joking, it doesn't matter where you come from, you are all welcome!