HEY MORE ADVICE FROM CAPTAIN DARK TIPS ON GROWING YOURSELF

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
Hey there I know many of you like myself want to grow your channel right? If so good read this.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

What this means is your quality of your video should always be priority not how many you can put out. Video quality should be at least 720p and up never below but always give the viewers the option to watch you video in lower quality if they have slower speeds.

AUDIO QUALITY.

Please please please check your audio before and after you record. Why? Because if you do you will thank yourself if something goes wrong with your recording by checking it before and after. You can spot and try to fix whats wrong with it before you record and if something goes wrong afterwards then you can try and adding some effects to fix it also. Another thing that viewers don't want to hear is buzzing, pitching, and fan noises. You have free programs like audacity to remove background noises from your videos now I don't know if your capture card allows you to record your voice as a seperate mp3 file but, I know aVermedia does I recommend you use it so that you can remove sounds better since its seperate from the game sound.

CHANNEL NAME.

I wont say getting a good channel name is easy I know its not but at least try. I see so many channels with the name gaming included in it. I believe that you should let your channel explain what content your bringing to the table. I need your content to tell me that you are a gaming channel not your name now you do have VanossGaming and some others but be original so say you thought of this name "ethereal dark gaming" right take out gaming the name sounds more original than before everybody has gaming in there names now it makes it harder for your channel to be seen.

Just here to help guys let me know if you what you think you might have something good to say also.

SaBashMan

New User
Feb 7, 2015
YouTube
Quality tips right there! I can't tell how many times I have clicked away because of the Audio quality. I have had my fair share of ruined videos because of audio. My last record wasn't too bad but the voice recording was too deep but it made the video funny as hell.

Reactions: LightInADarkRoom
Hey there I know many of you like myself want to grow your channel right? If so good read this.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

What this means is your quality of your video should always be priority not how many you can put out. Video quality should be at least 720p and up never below but always give the viewers the option to watch you video in lower quality if they have slower speeds.

AUDIO QUALITY.

Please please please check your audio before and after you record. Why? Because if you do you will thank yourself if something goes wrong with your recording by checking it before and after. You can spot and try to fix whats wrong with it before you record and if something goes wrong afterwards then you can try and adding some effects to fix it also. Another thing that viewers don't want to hear is buzzing, pitching, and fan noises. You have free programs like audacity to remove background noises from your videos now I don't know if your capture card allows you to record your voice as a seperate mp3 file but, I know aVermedia does I recommend you use it so that you can remove sounds better since its seperate from the game sound.

CHANNEL NAME.

I wont say getting a good channel name is easy I know its not but at least try. I see so many channels with the name gaming included in it. I believe that you should let your channel explain what content your bringing to the table. I need your content to tell me that you are a gaming channel not your name now you do have VanossGaming and some others but be original so say you thought of this name "ethereal dark gaming" right take out gaming the name sounds more original than before everybody has gaming in there names now it makes it harder for your channel to be seen.

Just here to help guys let me know if you what you think you might have something good to say also.
nice tips.. any tips for my channel? where i have such different content.. paranormal, gaming, and my own rap music?? im starting to really grow as of late

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
Quality tips right there! I can't tell how many times I have clicked away because of the Audio quality. I have had my fair share of ruined videos because of audio. My last record wasn't too bad but the voice recording was too deep but it made the video funny as hell.
If it works it works you know but it should always be like that im with you there because it's made me click away also

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

AUDIO QUALITY.

CHANNEL NAME.

Some overall good tips but i have to step in in the Gaming part behind a name. I for once had to make a custom url wich began with TwilightPrinze and i could't use it as youtube persisted i added txt or numbers. Due to this i made TwilightPrinzeGaming as Url. To make things easier for people to find i adjusted my name to this as well. I believe more people have these kind o problems and therefor choose to put this behind their name.

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
Some overall good tips but i have to step in in the Gaming part behind a name. I for once had to make a custom url wich began with TwilightPrinze and i could't use it as youtube persisted i added txt or numbers. Due to this i made TwilightPrinzeGaming as Url. To make things easier for people to find i adjusted my name to this as well. I believe more people have these kind o problems and therefor choose to put this behind their name.
That is fine if your name is taken but, if its not and your sticking "Gaming" behind your name because it's popular then that's a no no but you still being up a good point

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
That is fine if your name is taken but, if its not and your sticking "Gaming" behind your name because it's popular then that's a no no but you still being up a good point
I agree with you on that. Before my channel was Twilight Prinze due to that it was connected with my G+ personall profile. Later on i switched it to my G+ Branche page as i noticed it got more views and had a more active community so i switched my channel over there and made it TwilightPrinze. With the switch i had to make a new custom url and wanted to use my original tag but was forced to add something behind it...

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
I agree with you on that. Before my channel was Twilight Prinze due to that it was connected with my G+ personall profile. Later on i switched it to my G+ Branche page as i noticed it got more views and had a more active community so i switched my channel over there and made it TwilightPrinze. With the switch i had to make a new custom url and wanted to use my original tag but was forced to add something behind it...
Just me personally I know I hate seeing new channels with gaming behind everything

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Just me personally I know I hate seeing new channels with gaming behind everything
Somewhere i feel that the 'Gaming' takes away the unique part of a name and puts a tag on it. It is that youtube forced me to make this sort of custom Url otherwise i would have stayed with TwilightPrinze. Maybe that i'll change it along the way regardless of my custom url being something else.

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
Somewhere i feel that the 'Gaming' takes away the unique part of a name and puts a tag on it. It is that youtube forced me to make this sort of custom Url otherwise i would have stayed with TwilightPrinze. Maybe that i'll change it along the way regardless of my custom url being something else.
It does because everybody is using the title...unfortunately the younger youtubers and even the ones who are in it for the money loose sight of what gaming is truely about if your not having fun while your making your videos and truely enjoying the game then your no gaming your just playing with the controller

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It does because everybody is using the title...unfortunately the younger youtubers and even the ones who are in it for the money loose sight of what gaming is truely about if your not having fun while your making your videos and truely enjoying the game then your no gaming your just playing with the controller
I couldn't have said it any better. I do youtube as a hobby as i enjoy in sharing my gaming moments with others. I could care less about the money as i have a full time job in the security branche :p