Request Hey everyone can someone by chance review our channel in general from thumbnails to commentary.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey Everyone we are pretty new here so i was wondering if anyone could by chance review our channel and see what they think we should change or keep the same from thumbnails (we are bad at those) to channel logo/banner. We would very much appreciate it thank you for reading!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9gDUELLb7ZTttzmFvBImA <--- Channel
Your banner is good, but you should consider investing in a newer profile picture. Your latest video has the best thumbnail, I would keep it to that degree. You utilize your tags fully, which is nice. But you neglect your descriptions, talking about the content above will make it easier for viewers, and it can bump the search engine in your favor ^^

A last note, your channel trailer goes on for a while, have you considered making a newer one that currently reflects your channel? Maybe a montage of your best moments?

JetpackgamingYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
YouTube
Your banner is good, but you should consider investing in a newer profile picture. Your latest video has the best thumbnail, I would keep it to that degree. You utilize your tags fully, which is nice. But you neglect your descriptions, talking about the content above will make it easier for viewers, and it can bump the search engine in your favor ^^

A last note, your channel trailer goes on for a while, have you considered making a newer one that currently reflects your channel? Maybe a montage of your best moments?
Yeah I (Xavier) usually let wyatt do those and hes not that great at the descriptions i will definitely start trying to do better with those. On the channel Trailer I have thought about it and we have a new anniversary video that is a compilation/montage but its about 9 min so what would you recommend as a good length? Thanks for responding!

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah I (Xavier) usually let wyatt do those and hes not that great at the descriptions i will definitely start trying to do better with those. On the channel Trailer I have thought about it and we have a new anniversary video that is a compilation/montage but its about 9 min so what would you recommend as a good length? Thanks for responding!
Hah, it's all good, writing a descriptive description can take time at first. For the channel trailer, I'd advise it to be about 60 seconds, to about two minutes at the most. You can go smaller as well, or a little longer, it entirely depends on the subject matter. If you're able to hook your potential viewers the entire time, you should be fine.

Just be aware if you're struggling to get through the channel trailer yourself, you should consider modifying it to the best of your abilities ^^

JetpackgamingYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
YouTube
Hah, it's all good, writing a descriptive description can take time at first. For the channel trailer, I'd advise it to be about 60 seconds, to about two minutes at the most. You can go smaller as well, or a little longer, it entirely depends on the subject matter. If you're able to hook your potential viewers the entire time, you should be fine.

Just be aware if you're struggling to get through the channel trailer yourself, you should consider modifying it to the best of your abilities ^^
Ok that makes sense I will try to make a new one soon for our channel in the next few days and make it shorter since it is a "trailer" and not a full fledged video. Again Thanks for helping me out!

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Ok that makes sense I will try to make a new one soon for our channel in the next few days and make it shorter since it is a "trailer" and not a full fledged video. Again Thanks for helping me out!
That sounds good to me. If you want people to further dissect it, you can post it here again. Other members might add in more details for this post as well ^^ And no worries, I'm glad that I could help :p

JetpackgamingYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
YouTube
That sounds good to me. If you want people to further dissect it, you can post it here again. Other members might add in more details for this post as well ^^ And no worries, I'm glad that I could help :p
Yeah i pick late times to post on here but oh well and Yeah i probably will in a few weeks post it again so I don't spam it. Also believe me the last few times you commented on my post it has helped (y) (Y).

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah i pick late times to post on here but oh well and Yeah i probably will in a few weeks post it again so I don't spam it. Also believe me the last few times you commented on my post it has helped (y) (Y).
Awesome! I'll continue to help out when I can, but I appreciate you telling me that I helped previously ^^ I hope you have a nice night Xavier, take everything day by day, and always remember to have rest in your work schedule :p

JetpackgamingYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
YouTube
Awesome! I'll continue to help out when I can, but I appreciate you telling me that I helped previously ^^ I hope you have a nice night Xavier, take everything day by day, and always remember to have rest in your work schedule :p
You are welcome and thank you I will and You have a nice night to fattmat, and I try to take it step by step but sometimes you have to take leaps :) and I find it hard to get rest besides at night because of school and editing but its all good and works out fine.

Reactions: fattmat