Here are the best games to make videos on.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
As a gaming YouTuber it's difficult to choose what games to play on your YouTube channel. Most default to making videos on popular games they like to play or play regularly but I'd say that's not good for exposure and entertainment. Sometimes it's good to play games you know nothing about, namely indie or unpopular games!

For example, I have a minecraft series with about 12 episodes. All those videos have under 1k views and appear on no search terms. I have a single episode video on a random game I was given on keymailer called Cyborg Detonator and it has over 1k views and dominates many search terms, so it's still getting a steady amount of views.

Obviously, you won't see a difference with one video but if you had hundreds of videos on unknown games you'll reap the rewards. I'm not telling people to make videos on games they don't like, but to simply get out of the comfort zone in gaming and play games you might love or hate!

What are your thoughts?

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
As a gaming YouTuber it's difficult to choose what games to play on your YouTube channel. Most default to making videos on popular games they like to play or play regularly but I'd say that's not good for exposure and entertainment. Sometimes it's good to play games you know nothing about, namely indie or unpopular games!

For example, I have a minecraft series with about 12 episodes. All those videos have under 1k views and appear on no search terms. I have a single episode video on a random game I was given on keymailer called Cyborg Detonator and it has over 1k views and dominates many search terms, so it's still getting a steady amount of views.

Obviously, you won't see a difference with one video but if you had hundreds of videos on unknown games you'll reap the rewards. I'm not telling people to make videos on games they don't like, but to simply get out of the comfort zone in gaming and play games you might love or hate!

What are your thoughts?
Those are some interesting thoughts and I think that can be good in moderation you obviously don't want to be making your whole channel on these random games as you might not enjoy them as much as some of the more popular titles I think it really depends on what content you feel like making

Also keymailer is a really great site

Reactions: OnlyUltimate

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Those are some interesting thoughts and I think that can be good in moderation you obviously don't want to be making your whole channel on these random games as you might not enjoy them as much as some of the more popular titles I think it really depends on what content you feel like making

Also keymailer is a really great site
I agree, put making content you like making over my suggestions, it's something I've trialled before and it's worked. I've stopped because I don't feel the need to do it and I've played so many bad games :p

Reactions: Odenrein

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
I agree, put making content you like making over my suggestions, it's something I've trialled before and it's worked. I've stopped because I don't feel the need to do it and I've played so many bad games :p
Haha yeah I feel like these types of videos could be a good idea for a filler video even though we try to make videos as best we can everyone sometimes needs a filler video to stay on schedule. Sometimes it's just good to play those keymailer games and make content on them so you have a better chance to get keys from bigger developers or more recognised indie teams

Reactions: OnlyUltimate

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Haha yeah I feel like these types of videos could be a good idea for a filler video even though we try to make videos as best we can everyone sometimes needs a filler video to stay on schedule. Sometimes it's just good to play those keymailer games and make content on them so you have a better chance to get keys from bigger developers or more recognised indie teams
I've been given 200+ games on keymailer, I've only played like 30 or less on my channel. Sometimes the games are so bad it becomes painful lol

Reactions: Odenrein

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
I've been given 200+ games on keymailer, I've only played like 30 or less on my channel. Sometimes the games are so bad it becomes painful lol
Yeah that is true what's the best game you've gotten through keymailer mine is human fall flat I still need to record a video on it it is really well made and fun

erickismeme

Rising User
Feb 7, 2017
YouTube
erickismeme
Well minecraft is still pretty big but now there is even more people doing minecraft videos its hard getting noticed because of it. But Yea I think growing a gaming channel with smaller different games might bring in a couple of more people since there isnt many playing said game. Maybe that video can become big if there is a demand for it and not many play/post it since its a small game!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Going away from the mainstream titles and games can lead to some unexpectedly good results, as not as many people would be creating videos for this and as such would help you dominate the search results, and lead to more exposure. Being a gaming YouTuber is also difficult as you need to stand apart from people doing all those games, as there is only a set number of ways you can do a video on say For Honor, or Call of Duty.

Smaller unknown games could help you dominate search terms, leading to more views on your channel, more interest in your content and could even lead (potentially) to you conversing with indie developers to market and outline their games on your channel (so collab requests / possibilities).

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
Like some of the other replies, I say to play what you enjoy. In the same sense, play what people enjoy watching. But if you force yourself to play it and don't enjoy it, I personally would avoid playing it. I've recorded an entire video before and I could tell myself I forced being entertaining in it, so it was sent to the recycle bin.