SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
Okay so I have a Canon EOS Rebel SL1, and I can't figure out how to get the video from the camera onto the computer so I can edit it. Even if you don't know what yep of camera this is, how DO you get the video from the camera to the computer. I'VE LOOKED IN ALL THE FILES, TRIED OPENING DIFFERENT TNINGGS, AND STILL NOTHING...NOW I AM CURRENTLY ON YOUTUBE TRYING TO SEE IF I CAN OPEN IT THERE ON THE UPLOADING THING...HELP PLEASE...

SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
You might want to download the Canon EOS Utility, not sure but its a start.

Already did. I just figured out that the camera has to be on for the computer to detect it. And make a connection so the next time I get a chance to record, I'll see what happens.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You should simply be able to take your SD card from your camera into the computer with the aid of an adapter. ($2 at your nearest Dollarama or cheap store), or, if you're on a laptop, SD readers are built in.
Then you can move the files onto a local medium through that.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Already did. I just figured out that the camera has to be on for the computer to detect it. And make a connection so the next time I get a chance to record, I'll see what happens.
So you got it figured out then... Cool.
Yeah most digital cameras have to be on to transfer files. Its like a computer, cant use it if its off... :)

I usually do what nolan suggested, i got an sd card reader slot on my pc. But you can get a usb adapter if you dont have that.

Or you can use the cord... lol... it is free afterall since you already have it...