Help with Subs and Views, What are we doing wrong?

brokenglorygaming

Skits, Comedy, & Fun
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2014
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey guys, Good news is we have been gaining subs! But i don't know why. Because our view count is still low. I don't know where the subs are coming from, And i don't know why my viewers are not returning?

Please let me know what we can do to improve. I feel like our content and channel are good... but i could be wrong.

Thanks in advance! :D

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hey guys, Good news is we have been gaining subs! But i don't know why. Because our view count is still low. I don't know where the subs are coming from, And i don't know why my viewers are not returning?

Please let me know what we can do to improve. I feel like our content and channel are good... but i could be wrong.

Thanks in advance! :D
The thing is, the content you're making is for a super saturated market. I bet thousands of "funny/best moments" are uploaded to youtube every day. On your latest video, I can swear I've heard that background guitar/ukulele music in 10 other gaming videos and vlogs.

Your content really isn't that unique; you need to be focusing more on a niche approach to games (or a game) to reel in an audience that is looking for what you offer. Once you get a large niche audience, you can start diversifying a bit and branching out in content. That's what just about every big youtuber did.

Pewdiepie's channel was just random gameplay at first, but it boomed when he started doing only horror gameplays. He then later expanded to other games and game vlog styles of course.

Fouseytube used to just be sketch comedy, but his channel exploded when he started doing just prank videos. Now he does whatever he wants to do and people will just watch.

Leafyishere used to just do rants and gameplay commentary, but when he started to focus his channel on CS surfing videos with commentary on recent events and personal stories, he grew and is still growing very quickly. I can definitely see him going back to doing gameplay commentary later on when he's got a nice viewer cushion.

Niche.

Reactions: The Gamingtons