In progress Help with resolving false copyright claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jecoconono

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2016
YouTube
Hello, two of my videos have been hit with a fake copyright claim, I sent an appeal but the holder of the claim can just choose to keep it to leach money off of me.

The copyrighter is SACEM, which, if is true, is "the rights organisation in France".

Now the only thing SACEM can copyright are stolen songs and unauthorized covers. For some reason or another, they copyrighted a livestream I archived on youtube where I played mario 64. This makes absolutely no sense and is obviously an abuse of the copyright system as only the default mario 64 music played and I talked over it. They copyrighted it for music, however on both videos the timestamp for the copyright is totally random and starts out about halfway through the water level theme in super mario 64 and then just stops randomly.

They basically put a copyright claim on me talking.

Please help me out with this.. They can just deny the appeal and leach the money I make off these videos and theres nothing I can do about it myself..

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey,

Unfortunately, there's quite some bad news there. As you have said you have used music from Mario 64. From what I know Nintendo are absolute ....s when it comes to Copyright on YouTube, especially when it comes to their OSTs. The timestamps are actually irrelevant as anything, fact is you have used the music and CID identified that. I wouldn't recommend doing something against it as it may result in a Strike. I know it's bad though that's how Nintendo wants it.

Upvote 0

jecoconono

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2016
YouTube
Hey,

Unfortunately, there's quite some bad news there. As you have said you have used music from Mario 64. From what I know Nintendo are absolute ....s when it comes to Copyright on YouTube, especially when it comes to their OSTs. The timestamps are actually irrelevant as anything, fact is you have used the music and CID identified that. I wouldn't recommend doing something against it as it may result in a Strike. I know it's bad though that's how Nintendo wants it.

Oh, I wasn't copyrighted by Nintendo but SACEM. I agree with leaving my stuff striked when its nintendo but SACEM has nothing to do with Nintendo. I made sure to avoid getting striked by constantly talking but apparently if you talk constantly SACEM will copyright your voice.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Oh, I wasn't copyrighted by Nintendo but SACEM. I agree with leaving my stuff striked when its nintendo but SACEM has nothing to do with Nintendo. I made sure to avoid getting striked by constantly talking but apparently if you talk constantly SACEM will copyright your voice.
Content ID is such an advanced tool it is able to cut out your voice without issues. Also mind that most companies owning songs give digital rights protection to music labels (in this case SACEM) to protect their music as these labels have the technology for it already and have access to YouTube Content ID.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.