Help with my Mobo!

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
Hi guys,

Are there any hardware tekkies out there that is able to have a look at my video and see what is wrong with my Mobo and CPU.

I upgraded my CPU to the AMD FX9590 and a Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Mobo but for some reason cant get them to work together.

Have a look and see what you think, if you can help either post on the video or here, i don't mind.

Oz

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
STOP DOING WHAT YOURE DOING!!!

you have a 220W CPU that youre trying to put into a board that probably isnt rated for that sort of power draw. Do not attempt to use that processor in a board that doesnt support it or you can start a fire.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
STOP DOING WHAT YOURE DOING!!!

you have a 220W CPU that youre trying to put into a board that probably isnt rated for that sort of power draw. Do not attempt to use that processor in a board that doesnt support it or you can start a fire.
The Board supports it sadly, I've been thinking about using that board cpu combo for a while, but I changed my mind and went with the I7 5820k.

The reason why he can't use it is probably due to the fact that he needs to flash his bios to a newer version.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

Reactions: dandruff

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
i cant find anything about that board supporting a 220W CPU, please show me where you found that.

EDIT: You are correct, it does support the CPU.

make sure youre cooling that thing properly. be warned that processor is a little devil.