Help with games and resolution changes

AdventuresOWUM

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2015
Australia
YouTube
AdventuresOWUM
Hi all,

Just a quick question to see if anyone has ever had the same issue and may be able to help me.
So, I have a BenQ monitor that displays and adjusts its resolution setting to match the output from my computer. It is going through HDMI from my Avermedia game capture HD2. The other day I was trying to set up to record some of my game play Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic when I encountered an issue with resolution changes. While recording the resolution would change when going from the game play and switching into a cut scene, when this happened my Avermedia would display a message saying it was processing and then would freeze, and I would not be able to use the keyboard or mouse until I unplugged the capture box.

So my question is, has anyone ever had this happen with a game before which changes the resolutions like this, and is there a way in which I would be able to lock it to a certain resolution?

AdventuresOWUM

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2015
Australia
YouTube
AdventuresOWUM
I don't use that monitor neither that game capture card, but from reading your post, it seems like the problem arises when the resolution changes. If you can't stop that from happening then it may solve the problem.
After removing the passthrough from the game capture device the issue is no longer present. There seemed to be a problem with how it was outputting on that channel. It removed some of my higher resolutions but doesn't freeze at least. Still cannot figure out how to stop the resolution change during the passthrough though