help - what do you use to record game play

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
I use Bandicam to record, if does not decrease the frames by that much compared to other recording software so that's a pro.

That's the reason why I stopped using FRAPS. I would suck my FPS from 60 down to 45. It apparently uses alot of resources. I liked dxtory because I could play in 1080p and it would auto scale it down to 720p to save disk space. As for the hard drive I just record it to my ssd and then move the files to a wd black drive when it gets full. to process the videos for my youtube channel.

Reactions: Charles Meekins

Bradiation

Rising User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
i use Action, if you have a mid range pc its perfect, i notice only a 3-4 fps drop when recording at 1080p, 30 fps, and the video quality is almost perfect, i have some troubles with audio but i have a lower end mic

Reactions: Charles Meekins

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I use the AverMedie HD Gaming II, it did cost around £60 but I think it gives a lot of freedom to my recording, it records straight onto a hard disk drive or external USB and doesn't need a computer to stream through. Also allows you to edit video's and upload them straight from the device, so no need for additional software.