Not open for further replies.

Satdonia

New User
Feb 20, 2017
Egypt
YouTube
satdonia
Hello There...
I have a huge drop in views and Subs. I couldn't find a reason but keywords, even I make a good description and keywords related to my video topic and title and thumbnails too but the same, So isn't there any keyword tool in freedom dashboard or out which I can use.
Thank you in advance...

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
There isn't a keyword generator, though if you are looking for helpful tags you could try a service such as rapidtags.io , which helps generate tags that you can use, based on the title / search criteria of your video. My only suggestion is to check the tags before pasting them over as sometimes these can generate false tags, which aren't really about the video, and if you used them could get you in trouble for misleading meta data

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Tags are a difficult thing, here's what I'd recommend:
  • Try using tags people search for but there's not many search results for
  • Try using tags that describe the frame of the video
  • Always try to get at least on the first page of searches with every tag
For example, say you make a review video on a game that just came out called Shrek: The lost adventures. You'd use these tags:
Shrek the lost adventures, Shrek the lost adventures review,... to get people to your video when they try finding a review of the game for example before buying it. The main goal of tags is to get your video found by YouTube's search better. You can make the best review there is on the new Shrek game and it wouldn't generate a view if people didn't find it when searching for the game. General rule:
  1. Use no keywords that don't get searched for
  2. Get at least half of your keywords to show your video on the first page when searching for them
  3. Don't use things that auto generate tags.
And just as a proof of concept: When my channel had twenty videos averaging at ten to twenty views and about five subs I made a video about a new Anticheat on a Minecraft server and it ranked as the second video when looking up the Anticheat. Tons of people searched that and the video got a thousand views within a week. I'd say that explains the usefulness of tags...

Reactions: AllanLetsPlay
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.