Help build the perfect gaming pc.

JaySoBro

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2015
YouTube
itsjaysobro
I am hoping after wrestling season to start back up my gaming career. It is hard to post while in pain 24/7. Too much dedication towards it, but when I am over with this season I am going all in for gaming.
I want your help to build the best of the best gaming pc. Range of $1000-3000 Preferably.
Hit me up with your custom build that would be best for me. I will be running most likely dual monitor's one for media as I will be streaming a lot, and one for gaming. I have recording software and editing software. All I need is your guy's best build you can come up with in the range.

Opinions matter.

Sincerely,

JaySo

Reactions: Nuke

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
What kind of resolution and framerate do you require? I could jimmy up something that could do 1080p60, or something that could do 1440p60.

Do you want the part list to include monitor, keyboard, mouse and wireless adapter as well?

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
I am hoping after wrestling season to start back up my gaming career. It is hard to post while in pain 24/7. Too much dedication towards it, but when I am over with this season I am going all in for gaming.
I want your help to build the best of the best gaming pc. Range of $1000-3000 Preferably.
Hit me up with your custom build that would be best for me. I will be running most likely dual monitor's one for media as I will be streaming a lot, and one for gaming. I have recording software and editing software. All I need is your guy's best build you can come up with in the range.

Opinions matter.

Sincerely,

JaySo
Hello JaySo,

Since you were kinda vague on what type of tasks you'll be using on this pc other than Media editing and Gaming, I came up with an all around, great computer for you!

Here's a Link

Price - $2937.24
Parts -

CPU - I7 6700k Great for Gaming at the latest games with the highest fps.

CPU Cooler - Corsair H110i GTX - Best AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, easy installation, and use.

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 LGA1151 , Latest Sabertooth High Quality Board from Asus, Warranty 5 Years Standard with High end Components.

Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory , Great for staying ahead of the game, with 2800mhz of Memory you should have no issue with upgrades or performance!(Optional Downgrade to 2133mhz memory for less money, performance will stay the same for a while)

Storage -

SSD - Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Warranty 10 Years Standard, Parts and Labor(High End SSD Decent Price)

HDD - Three Western Digital Black Series 3TB 3.5" Drives(1 - Games 2 - Movies 3 - Recording, Optional 4th for Backup's If you wanted) Standard 5 Year Warranty.

Video Card - Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB(Great for 1080P at 100+FPS 2K Gaming at 70+FPS and 4K at 40+FPS at Ultra Details depending on the game title) Standard 3 Year Warranty

Case - Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower(Based upon 5 Star Reviews, and It looks like a Decent Case)

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNova P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX PowerSupply , Standard 10 Year Warranty, Option to add another GPU for Triple Monitor 4K Gaming

Optical Drive - LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer - Supports Reading and Writing to Blu Ray CD's And DVD's.

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM(Best with Direct X 12 if you don't mind the Privacy Issues with Microsoft Monitoring your every move...)

Wireless Network Adapter - Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Extress x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fan - 10x Corsair SP120 White LED(To Showcase your Rig like on the showroom floor) 4x Fans for the Radiator on the GPU Push Pull Config, and 6 more for your case.

The Rest is up to you.

Let me know if you wanted to do Cinema Editing along with 4K or 8K Editing then I'll bump up the CPU to a 8 core for you.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom

Last edited:

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Hello JaySo,

Since you were kinda vague on what type of tasks you'll be using on this pc other than Media editing and Gaming, I came up with an all around, great computer for you!

Here's a Link

Price - $2937.24
Parts -

CPU - I7 6700k Great for Gaming at the latest games with the highest fps.

CPU Cooler - Corsair H110i GTX - Best AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, easy installation, and use.

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 LGA1151 , Latest Sabertooth High Quality Board from Asus, Warranty 5 Years Standard with High end Components.

Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory , Great for staying ahead of the game, with 2800mhz of Memory you should have no issue with upgrades or performance!(Optional Downgrade to 2133mhz memory for less money, performance will stay the same for a while)

Storage -

SSD - Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Warranty 10 Years Standard, Parts and Labor(High End SSD Decent Price)

HDD - Three Western Digital Black Series 3TB 3.5" Drives(1 - Games 2 - Movies 3 - Recording, Optional 4th for Backup's If you wanted) Standard 5 Year Warranty.

Video Card - Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB(Great for 1080P at 100+FPS 2K Gaming at 70+FPS and 4K at 40+FPS at Ultra Details depending on the game title) Standard 3 Year Warranty

Case - Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower(Based upon 5 Star Reviews, and It looks like a Decent Case)

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNova P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX PowerSupply , Standard 10 Year Warranty, Option to add another GPU for Triple Monitor 4K Gaming

Optical Drive - LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer - Supports Reading and Writing to Blu Ray CD's And DVD's.

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM(Best with Direct X 12 if you don't mind the Privacy Issues with Microsoft Monitoring your every move...)

Wireless Network Adapter - Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Extress x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fan - 10x Corsair SP120 White LED(To Showcase your Rig like on the showroom floor) 4x Fans for the Radiator on the GPU Push Pull Config, and 6 more for your case.

The Rest is up to you.

Let me know if you wanted to do Cinema Editing along with 4K or 8K Editing then I'll bump up the CPU to a 8 core for you.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom

Why such an insane power supply? I say lower that and remove one of the 3tb drives and increase the storage on the SSD :p Overall though that build is pure domination.

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Why such an insane power supply? I say lower that and remove one of the 3tb drives and increase the storage on the SSD :p Overall though that build is pure domination.
Like I said in the PowerSupply Section, It offers the ability to upgrade to Dual or Triple 980 Ti's or a better GPU in the future if he wanted.

~Zac's Custom

Reactions: Nuke and Bee

JaySoBro

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2015
YouTube
itsjaysobro
All of this is so insane to me xD Why so many fans?
Like I said in the PowerSupply Section, It offers the ability to upgrade to Dual or Triple 980 Ti's or a better GPU in the future if he wanted.

~Zac's Custom
[DOUBLEPOST=1448363700][/DOUBLEPOST]
What kind of resolution and framerate do you require? I could jimmy up something that could do 1080p60, or something that could do 1440p60.

Do you want the part list to include monitor, keyboard, mouse and wireless adapter as well?
Sure! I am not sure what all I would need to have a master gaming pc that can run anything to stream, make videos and just have fun.

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
All of this is so insane to me xD Why so many fans?
[DOUBLEPOST=1448363700][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sure! I am not sure what all I would need to have a master gaming pc that can run anything to stream, make videos and just have fun.
Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from my trip from Arkansas, and finally got home,

The reason as to why I added so many fans is to maximize your airflow to enable your hardware to have a longer life duration.

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member

Opinions matter.

Sincerely,

JaySo
You could build an amazing gaming computer for around $800 and having a budget of $1000-3000 allows you to do a lot of things. I would list out what you parts you could use but that would probably boring but I would say go on Newegg, they have a few different types of builds you can order, they send you the parts with instructions and you go at it :)
NEVER buy a gaming pc unless it's from alienware, iBuyPower / CyberPowerPC are absolute garbage, they cheap out on PSU's so you might want to just build it all yourself :)

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
You could build an amazing gaming computer for around $800 and having a budget of $1000-3000 allows you to do a lot of things. I would list out what you parts you could use but that would probably boring but I would say go on Newegg, they have a few different types of builds you can order, they send you the parts with instructions and you go at it :)
NEVER buy a gaming pc unless it's from alienware, iBuyPower / CyberPowerPC are absolute garbage, they cheap out on PSU's so you might want to just build it all yourself :)

I always say never buy one period with the rare exception of OriginPC as their customs work is absolutely impressive. :p Anyone selling you a pre-made or making it for you is ripping you off and you can do it miles cheaper by doing the work yourself.

Only other time I make an exception and buy a computer instead of building it is Apple.

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
I always say never buy one period with the rare exception of OriginPC as their customs work is absolutely impressive. :p Anyone selling you a pre-made or making it for you is ripping you off and you can do it miles cheaper by doing the work yourself.

Only other time I make an exception and buy a computer instead of building it is Apple.
Apple, OriginPC are both great choices. Also, IronPC or whatever they are called now work well. I'm building a $300 gaming computer right now, good luck with your build :)

Reactions: Bee

JaySoBro

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2015
YouTube
itsjaysobro
Apple, OriginPC are both great choices. Also, IronPC or whatever they are called now work well. I'm building a $300 gaming computer right now, good luck with your build :)
If your build is amazing for $300 then hmu with your build. Im looking into the OriginPC. Is it desktop builds? or laptop. also if its custom builds then would it be considered a prebuild if they sell them?

GamerOfFortune8

New User
Dec 13, 2015
United States
YouTube

Opinions matter.

Sincerely,

JaySo

Honestly, You really wouldnt have to go that high. I have a $1100 desktop and I have had it for 4 years and it still operates at its max. Playing any game in max res with between 50 to 60 FPS. Also it does video editing pretty decent too. It might be slow for some people but Im patient so it doesnt bother me. But if you not a patient person I say go with a sweet spot build around $1500 or more.

I also prefer intel setups because of the Mac OS but that your choice.

Good Luck,

Gamer

Reactions: JaySoBro