Hello Neighbor Theories

D

Deleted member 137653

As many of you know, the newest edition to indie horror games, Hello Neighbor, has taken YouTube and Twitch by storm. With the new alpha 3 version of the game we are presented with even more information about the neighbor's backstory and even more questions. In the alpha 2, we are introduced to the basement and part of the story of the game. Right now, we don't know very much, but we know enough to theorize about the general plot of the final game based on evidence from the alphas. In the spirit of theorizing, I would like you guys to tell me what you think of the game and any theories you might have. So come on, let's have our very own game theory right here in the forums! :):)

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
In the ending of Alpha 3 you see the shadow of a character. Looking closly at the hair style you see it match the style of the player character.
This makes me think that the player have lived in the neighborhood in the past, and killed the neighbors child (prof of the picture with white and black parents and a gray child) in a car incident (prof from the broken car). From here the player move away for a long time after to return home, the player have forgot about the incident. As the neighbour see you return he decide to get his revenge for your actions in the past. Which is why he keeps want to catch you. In the ending of alpha 3: when you get to the basement you see the neighbor cry. The shadow is in another room which could indicate you remember the crying voice of the neighbour after he lost one he loved. The ending in this case is the players memories slowly starting to remember the past..

The end mystery solved :D

D

Deleted member 137653

In the ending of Alpha 3 you see the shadow of a character. Looking closly at the hair style you see it match the style of the player character.
This makes me think that the player have lived in the neighborhood in the past, and killed the neighbors child (prof of the picture with white and black parents and a gray child) in a car incident (prof from the broken car). From here the player move away for a long time after to return home, the player have forgot about the incident. As the neighbour see you return he decide to get his revenge for your actions in the past. Which is why he keeps want to catch you. In the ending of alpha 3: when you get to the basement you see the neighbor cry. The shadow is in another room which could indicate you remember the crying voice of the neighbour after he lost one he loved. The ending in this case is the players memories slowly starting to remember the past..

The end mystery solved :D
Wow that was profound! Thanks!