Educational Hello My Name is TevKev and This is how I started

TevKev

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2014
YouTube
Hello, I didn't know anyone actually looked at this thread, I would like to congratulate you on being different. Welcome to a little story about me and my Channel (if You care to read around 529 words). The story about my history isn't constructed entirely in order.

Well let me explain a little bit about me and this channel. This was my first or maybe second ever channel, the first few years of this YouTube channels life span, I was a generic subscriber. I didn’t make content and only really made a YouTube channel so I could comment and like YouTuber/Content Creator videos. It was only during 2014 (7 Years after the channel was created), that I mustered up the courage to become a content creator my first videos where of random things, such as me recording a truck struggling to travel under a bridge, (which got me a lot of hate surprisingly enough: P) the video was located on a road near my secondary school.

When I first started plopping videos in my YouTube channel I was still in secondary school (2010-2012), I would make videos but would then be discouraged by students in my secondary school who used to laugh at my videos, and used to say I looked like KSI, which when growing would be taken as an insult, as these where the times KSI acted like a weird mofo (this was obviously WAY before his Lamborghini days). This is one of the reason I am really hesitant when recording via Facecam (I have a HD Pro Logitech Webcam [C920], which I haven’t used from the anxiety, of people potentially teasing me, I know there will come a time when I won’t care, but for the time being it just feels weird.

Been back at YouTube since I finished my studies recently I have decided to give YouTube another go using the same channel. The reason why I started YouTube, is basically to create my own community and to feel like I belong to something, where I could consider my subscribers as a ‘external family’, that I could come to for support and ask for their opinion on things. When I look at big YouTubers and I see the LOVE/HATE they receive I think of how lucky they are that soo many people care about them and the content/entertainment they provide. This is a main reason for why I appreciate both positive and negative feedback, as it means people care enough to tell me when they disagree with me, instead of saying ‘yes or I love it’ when they really don’t.

Additionally, I Really don’t do YouTube for the money, some people have said to me “oh if you aren’t trying to do YouTube for the money, why did you join Freedom”. The reason I Joined Freedom, is because I was/am looking for support to grow, Freedom was the first channel that said ‘it doesn’t matter what your sub count is (at the time I was between 20-110 subs), we just want to help you grow, so we can grow together as part of a Freedom Family!’, That was the moment I knew I would be happy at Freedom, I have been a member for about 2 years, now and I couldn’t be happier.

Some Content Creators say the best part about YouTube is being at the TOP, but I say the best part about YouTube is the Journey to the TOP – TevKev

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey TevKev , Welcome to the Community ! :D

Dont worry about people taking the piss , you DO what you want to and dont let people stop you , it annoys me why people would tease over you doing Youtube !

I couldn't agree more that the Journey is the most important part (y) (Y)

best of luck and have a great day !